Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 12-22-2005, 01:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

I think if you look back some 30-40 pages there have been some suggestions by some that this type of grotesque and irresponsible display of "Dead Deer" could assist in the demise of of our beloved sport - Hunting. I think that assumption is obsurd.It only gets everybody all riled up and foaming at the mouth over what - displaying a Dead Deer. I don't think so
Old 12-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are few "In your Face Attitudes" in the last 40 or so pages.There are also a few "Get Out My Face Attitudes" here with respect to this long drawn out topic.It ain't about what a few think, its not a Black and White issue its about what is acceptable in the area you live and using your head.Thats a No Brainer.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:42 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: AJ52

I think if you look back some 30-40 pages there have been some suggestions by some that this type of grotesque and irresponsible display of "Dead Deer" could assist in the demise of of our beloved sport - Hunting. I think that assumption is obsurd.It only gets everybody all riled up and foaming at the mouth over what - displaying a Dead Deer. I don't think so
Then you definately don't get out much AJ. As with the case with Maryland, its Prince George, Baltimore, and Montgomery country that decides certain fates of hunting even though those folks don't understand its the way we eat, the way we pick where we might live, or the vehicle we drive. Why do you think that the DNR encourages covering up your deer with simple tarp? I mean the voting number should be all that convince you. I didn't think about it either before I had to take a hunters safety class several years ago to go to Canada to hunt. I don't know if you ever heard where this all comes from. but they (safety officers) convinced me its worthwhile to think about. I mean if your in Southern WV, it ain't going to amount to beans.

The good thing about this, is I can see both sides and see where they are both wrong or right. Growing up in eastern Ky and now moving close to surberbia and living here for about 8 years. I believe some on this page doesn't really understand or ever see the two cultures.

Old 12-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]its not a Black and White issue its about what is acceptable in the area you live and using your head./quote]
Old 12-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Very simple, if your community does not accept it, don't do it!
Old 12-22-2005, 10:59 AM
bigcountry

[quote]ORIGINAL: AJ52

its not a Black and White issue its about what is acceptable in the area you live and using your head./quote]
Oh, I never said you didn't say that. What I ask of you, is why do you think the DNR and hunting education instructors is pushing for it now? I mean those are the guys that hear most of the grumblings at the state capital?

Old 12-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Reb,
I've seen you say this several times on this post. I think that pretty much sums it up an as few word as possible.
Here in West Virginia, Have at it. In Dix Hills, Long Island, cover up
Old 12-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Very simple, if your community does not accept it, don't do it!

I'm ok with that [:-]. However my problem is that people don't see that what was once abundance of hunting land and communityhas now changed. We must adaptwith the times and not be oblivious to them or have the "screw them I'll continue to do what I want". Then it COULD be a problem. If you live in the sticks in a small town with 99% of the community that hunts then it's no issue at all. But there are those that won't take the time to make that determination because they could care less what others think. There are a couple places I hunt where it honestly wouldn't make a difference if I covered up the deer or not. I'm 110% nobody would take offense to it. There are other places that it would obviously be an issue and I would NEVER transport in view for fear of offendingsomeone or giving the sport a black eye. Anything in the middle where I'm not sure how the public views it? I'll be sure it's concealed somehow because I don't know and wouldn't take the chance of giving hunting a bad look.
So all in all 41 pages late I guess my beef is simply with the ones that arent' conciously aware oftheir surroundings, the possibility of offending a non-hunter (not anti[:-]), and could care less either way.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geeez we're pushin 11K hits on this topic.Gotta be some kind of record or close to it. Lets bash this thing around and go for 12K. or is it dying a slow death.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

I cant believe this is still goin on and on and on. just when i thought this over it started again.

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.