Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 11-30-2005, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

LOL.....that's more antlers than most of us will see in a lifetime of hunting. That would turn some heads if you drove that down mainstreet.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

LMAO. Now that would be acceptable. If you kill that many big bucks you deserve a parade.

Well Gus I guess we just have different views on the subject.

parading or transporting? I agree there is a big difference. Like I said .... although I still do believe an animal should be covered up while transporting, I don't mind it as much as the guy who's intent is the rah rah parade. Meaning, I don't understand a person that actually goes through a thought process of intentionally leaving a deer exposed for everyone to see to get some sort of rush out of it. To me that just doesn't make any sense. If a person simply places the deer on the trailer with the only thought process being I want to get this out of the woods and to the butcher, then I can tolerate it more. It's the hunter that feels the need for their ceremonial parade to get some warped sense of fullfillment that I don't care for. But............. I'm not one to decide who does what. As long as it's legal and makes you happy then knock em dead....... I just happen to not agree with the practice. Happy hunting.

One more thing. I don't know where this "hiding" our sport keeps coming from. covering a dead deer is a little differen than hiding that we are hunters.Like I said.......roll down your window in your hunting gear with your dead (concealed) deer and scream at thetop of your lungs that you have killed a deer andyou are a hunter.

I would never hide who I am or what I do. I'll be the first to talk about the deer I've killed and the hunts I've been on to the general public.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

NY. I do not practice parading Deer either, however I think some do it because they are proud/happy of what they killed. Other do it simply to brag'show off. A lot of people like to show off things they consider "nice" Although offensive at times, it's expected and tolerated by most.

I have read stories on the forum where Hunters were cursed at, given the finger or just plain given dirty looks for having a deer in plain view............regardless if it were Parading/Transporting.

Why should we conform or ask anyone other Hunters toconform? In other public displays that are found offensive............are these participants asked to conform because someone has deemed it offensive?

Iwas taught at a young age to stand up for what I think is right.........conforming was and is not an option for me. To see fellow hunters laydown, conformand criticize one another forfearofoffending aomeone is IMO "hiding".

When we as hunters start viewing a dead deer in public view as a negative thing (which is what a lot of Non-hunter also believe/express) Are we really supporting hunting, or just the way we do it?

If you restrict a little bit now, you open the door fora lot of restrictions down the road. IMO we as Hunters should not be championing anything that restricts hunters.

Happy hunting.........and transporting NY

Old 11-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Amen Brother Manuman
Old 11-30-2005, 03:53 PM

Here in NY if you drive, lets say 20 miles of highwayanyway way, your gunna see a dead deer wasted along the highway,, maybe some crows wil pick at em.. dont you think the soccor mom is pouting there? at least the ones she sees on top of my blazer is going to feed me... and what if IF i took the time to cover my deer up,, stoped at a red light and that soccor mom looks at the blood running down the window or back of the hatch along the paint and acrossed the sideand whenthe wind blew it sideways from the back door al the way to the D post as iff someone spit a wod of chew spit out the window,,, dont you think they put two and two togther,, these days they'll call the cops on you cuz they think there maybe a human body in under there.. Hey the media made everyone perk there nose into everything.. wanna be nozzy,, heres my deer
Old 11-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: amayerican

Here in NY if you drive, lets say 20 miles of highwayanyway way, your gunna see a dead deer wasted along the highway,, maybe some crows wil pick at em.. dont you think the soccor mom is pouting there? at least the ones she sees on top of my blazer is going to feed me... and what if IF i took the time to cover my deer up,, stoped at a red light and that soccor mom looks at the blood running down the window or back of the hatch along the paint and acrossed the sideand whenthe wind blew it sideways from the back door al the way to the D post as iff someone spit a wod of chew spit out the window,,, dont you think they put two and two togther,, these days they'll call the cops on you cuz they think there maybe a human body in under there.. Hey the media made everyone perk there nose into everything.. wanna be nozzy,, heres my deer

The Thruway is the worst road for dead deer on the side. Next time I see a deer that was hit by an 18 wheeler I`m gonna get out and clean all the blood up so no one gets affended.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe this is what the antis and the non deciders need to see.

Top row- Backstrap and Tenderloins
2nd row- Pan Sausage
3rd row- Hamburger
Bottom Row- Smoked Sausage

Got my three deer back from the processor tonight.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c93/CDavis460/100_3917.jpg

C. Davis
Old 11-30-2005, 10:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alright CD that does it, I'm offended!!!!!!!! You have more venison than me....
Old 11-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Alright CD that does it, I'm offended!!!!!!!! You have more venison than me....
If you stillhave tags leftto hunt, you can probably catch up. I have one doe tag left, and Sunday was the last day I could shoot a doe until 1 week in January when I can use it for the week of muzzleloading.

C. Davis
Old 12-01-2005, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: manuman

You're not grasping my post at all. I don't have 2 separate definitions. Have you ever heard of the difference between being subjective and objective in your definition of truth? Do you not understand the influence of existentialism on our culture today? The new tolerance is an outcropping that has developed directly from this mind set.When it is left up to the individual to decide for himself, and his opinion is what determines if something is true or false, right or wrong--a standard does not exist.Standards are absolutes. Opinion is purely subjective and only as good as the next opinion, leading to the conclusion that you can't make a claim to truth in any arena--that would be exclusive. Another term that takes on a new meaning today.I din't say that standards don't exist--quite the opposite. They just don't exist for those that adhere to the new form of tolerance. Tolerance has become the mew ethic in fact--that replaces any standard in any from.
Puleeze manuman, please get over this. Due to the fortunate lack of interest on our discussion of tolerance, please feel free to pm me if you wish to continue on this track. Otherwise, if you have any comments on the actual subject, I would be interested in hearing them.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.