Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 11-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

Your opinion. Please elaborate on what your definition is of "for the better of the sport"
better of the sport meaning not doing anything that could be viewed in a negative light by the people that hold the future of hunting in their hands (75% general public). Other examples: Dogs being shot, humans being shot, houses being shot, deer hides and skeletons being dumped along roadsides, etc...... And along those lines IMO transporting a dead deer on the roof or hood ofa car doesn't shed the best light on hunting in the eyes of the public.

covering up a huge part of what is deer hunting.
I guess that's where we disagree the most. I have a hard time understanding how parading a dead carcass around on top of a car for everyone in the world to see is "a huge part of hunting". There are bigger things in hunting than that IMO. I don't see how it's a part of hunting at all to be honest with you.
To me hunting is the scouting, the preperation, the practice to be a marksman, the skill, the persistence, the determination, the analyzing, the outwitting, playing the wind, stand locations, the choices, the ethics, enjoyment of the great outdoors, the friendships created, the harvest, and the meat.

Those are the things I think about when I think about having a fullfilled hunting season. Parading a deer around town wouldn't add one iota of happiness to my hunting experiences and I fail to see how it does for anyone. I suppose it does for others, but I guess I just don't understand that. So be it.... we'll agree to disagree I suppose.

I guess I'm just not an in your face/bragging/show off kind of hunter. I don't need to have people driving down the road next to me tooting their horn and giving me a thumbs up as my buck is strapped to the car. I'll keep my pleasures of hunting to myself, my huning peers, my family, and any of the 75% of the general public that WANTS to hear about it. I will not however force the issue to the ones that don't WANT to hear(or see) about it.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:53 PM

You're not grasping my post at all. I don't have 2 separate definitions. Have you ever heard of the difference between being subjective and objective in your definition of truth? Do you not understand the influence of existentialism on our culture today? The new tolerance is an outcropping that has developed directly from this mind set.When it is left up to the individual to decide for himself, and his opinion is what determines if something is true or false, right or wrong--a standard does not exist.Standards are absolutes. Opinion is purely subjective and only as good as the next opinion, leading to the conclusion that you can't make a claim to truth in any arena--that would be exclusive. Another term that takes on a new meaning today.I din't say that standards don't exist--quite the opposite. They just don't exist for those that adhere to the new form of tolerance. Tolerance has become the mew ethic in fact--that replaces any standard in any from.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Here`s My redneck x-mas decoration. Does this affend anyone?

Damn proud to be a redneck and a dam Yankee
Old 11-29-2005, 05:52 PM

Lots of folks understand hunting is needed as a management tool, but do not want to have to see the dead carcass. We all know people like this. You should respect others feelings in this matter. Parading around a dead animal is harmful to our political agenda and is disrespectful to the animals.

It would be different if the game was in the shape that they are when you drag them out of woods - bloody and kind of mangled looking.

I can understand that most people are disconnected from the natural order and where their food comes from, but this is not the way to educate them.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

I myself dislike the deer being transported on car hoods and in public view. I put mine in the back of the truck and put the tailgate up. Its that simple. Arrowmaster
Old 11-29-2005, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The yankee from ny and arrowmaster said it all.
Be proud, but do it in your own company.

Bobby
Old 11-30-2005, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

better of the sport meaning not doing anything that could be viewed in a negative light by the people that hold the future of hunting in their hands (75% general public).
Who defines what is negative? You? Me? Johnny and Soccer Mom? It is aparant that negative to me and negative to you are different things. A "just in case" law and orattitude is regression my friend.

guess that's where we disagree the most. I have a hard time understanding how parading a dead carcass around on top of a car for everyone in the world to see is "a huge part of hunting". There are bigger things in hunting than that IMO. I don't see how it's a part of hunting at all to be honest with you.
Don't mix my words NY. I said...............quote:

covering up a huge part of what is deer hunting

This means that a dead animal at the end of the day is a huge part of hunting. Not the only part....not the biggest part........just a huge part. and I think I clearly indicated the difference between parading and transporting.

Can you tell the difference between parading and transporting?

Ex. I killed an 8 pt last year on my way home......4 hour drive. I had all of my gear loaded in my pickup and my ATv on my trailor with the deer strapped to the ATV as I had no more room in my truck bed. The deer was not covered up since I don't carry a tarp with me, and even if I did a tarp on the front of a 4 wheeler does not do well on the interstate.

Was I parading or transporting? Not knowing the story, you would probably say.......parading.

I am just sick and tired of tip-towing aroung issues for the sake of offending someone. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.............quess what?...it's probably a DUCK.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

better of the sport meaning not doing anything that could be viewed in a negative light by the people that hold the future of hunting in their hands (75% general public).
Who defines what is negative? You? Me? Johnny and Soccer Mom? It is aparant that negative to me and negative to you are different things. A "just in case" law and orattitude is regression my friend.

guess that's where we disagree the most. I have a hard time understanding how parading a dead carcass around on top of a car for everyone in the world to see is "a huge part of hunting". There are bigger things in hunting than that IMO. I don't see how it's a part of hunting at all to be honest with you.
Don't mix my words NY. I said...............quote:

covering up a huge part of what is deer hunting

This means that a dead animal at the end of the day is a huge part of hunting. Not the only part....not the biggest part........just a huge part. and I think I clearly indicated the difference between parading and transporting.

Can you tell the difference between parading and transporting?

Ex. I killed an 8 pt last year on my way home......4 hour drive. I had all of my gear loaded in my pickup and my ATv on my trailor with the deer strapped to the ATV as I had no more room in my truck bed. The deer was not covered up since I don't carry a tarp with me, and even if I did a tarp on the front of a 4 wheeler does not do well on the interstate.

Was I parading or transporting? Not knowing the story, you would probably say.......parading.

I am just sick and tired of tip-towing aroung issues for the sake of offending someone. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.............quess what?...it's probably a DUCK.

Way to go Gus!

Old 11-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Dominant Buck

I couldn't care less what somebody else thinks , I got the deer legally and it's none of their damned business if it's visible or not . All that PC crap makes me want to vomit anyway , if you don't like the sight of a dead animal then don't look . I got funny looks at a restaurant in Ohio once because I had a 3-D deer target on the roof of my truck , one guy even made a disparaging comment so I informed the dumbass that he was critisizing my display of a piece of foam . He was also told what I said above , that ended the conversation right there . Dead animals are a part of hunting , anyone who can't deal with that needs to mind their own business .
Old 11-30-2005, 08:52 AM

It has taken a while, but I think that I have finally grasped this concept.

So basically what your saying is that this is unacceptable, right?

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.