Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 11-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

It's about good taste, and common sense (meat spoilage!)

Usally stop at a Food Mart andbuy three bags of ice to place in the cavity. In back of the truck and covered with a canvas.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:53 AM
Fork Horn

Red,
I never quite realized that having my successful hunting trophy in site was such an issue. It's unfortunate that aelk/deer carcass bleeds. Otherwise field dressing would be so much cleaner. There will always be someone with a weak stomach and will always complain. I agree that sometimes there are better ways to transport. Not everybody has that option.

When I was younger I can remember seeing elk/deer heads strapped to the front of vehicles. Good example of how a some hunters or non-hunters would get upset. The laws were changed. No longer an issue. No need to make more laws. Maybe requiring full body game bags that leave the head exposed would be aeasier solution. Clearly difficult for anything bigger than a deer. Very cut and dry.Gives the hunter the right to show his trophy.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Up here they have a gun show every year where folks can bring their mounts to show off. People who like to see deadanimals can come and see them. Folks who would rather not see them are not subjected to the sight. That would be a good option.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why do you feel the need to "show off" your deer to people driving along the highway? They could probably care less anyway. This" I can do what I want and screw everyone else" attitude is getting annoying. Kind of selfish if you ask me. It has nothing to do with PC. It has to do with doing what is in our control as hunters to always protect our sport. You really need some kind of half assed ceremonial parade around town displaying your dead deer to culminate a successful hunt? If that is actually a part of your enjoyment of hunting then I feel sorry for you. You're missing the big picture.

Old 11-28-2005, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Why do you feel the need to "show off" your deer to people driving along the highway? They could probably care less anyway.

Well if "they could care less" then what is the issue here?

dd
Old 11-28-2005, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

In some states its required to have the deer in plain site by law. It was illegal in Wisconsin to have the tail gate or deer unexposed while transporting up untill a couple years ago.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

Red you just stured up a whole mess of bees.........................................so apologize and LEAVE.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:42 AM
Spike

Well Red,How is a man that drives a Jeep going to get his deer home without it being seen? Tow an inclosed trailerhunting? Some of the roadsI drive to get to my hunting spots are way too rough for a trailer.What am I supposed to do put a blanket over the deer and buckle it into the passanger seat?I use a hitch-haul, which leaves the deer out in the open on the back of the Jeep, I guess i should go buy a truck with a camper shell and the windows blacked out so no one can see inside, and hide the fact that i am a hunterwho should be ashamedwhenI harvest am animal.
How is your legistlation going to deal with us "REDNECKS" who drive Jeeps? I can read the law now if you have anything to say about it " A person can only hunt if he or she drives a truck and leaves the tailgate in the up and closed position at all times."
Old 11-28-2005, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: coachsteve

Well Red,How is a man that drives a Jeep going to get his deer home without it being seen? Tow an inclosed trailerhunting? Some of the roadsI drive to get to my hunting spots are way too rough for a trailer.What am I supposed to do put a blanket over the deer and buckle it into the passanger seat?I use a hitch-haul, which leaves the deer out in the open on the back of the Jeep, I guess i should go buy a truck with a camper shell and the windows blacked out so no one can see inside, and hide the fact that i am a hunterwho should be ashamedwhenI harvest am animal.
How is your legistlation going to deal with us "REDNECKS" who drive Jeeps? I can read the law now if you have anything to say about it " A person can only hunt if he or she drives a truck and leaves the tailgate in the up and closed position at all times."
Ok ..come on guys lets give Red a LITTLE bit of break here ....even though I STRONGLY disagree with ANY types of NEW laws being introduced to the sport I honestly do not think Red ment that you NEVER show your dead deer ... I think ( and of course I could be wrong) he had "INTENT" in mind when he posted this comment .. its obvious there would ALWAYS be exceptions ... I very seldom agree with Red on anything on this forum however I do think some of this was taken out of context ...

dd
Old 11-28-2005, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Puhleeeeease!
Al you guys that are for covering your deer. You need to keep at least a 100 tarps in your truck that way when your driving down the road and see a dead deer or animal I want you to get out and cover it. Dont want little johnny seeing any dead animals.

I will not bend for anyone and I expect no one bend for me.
Some people can not hide their animals, plain and simple.

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.