Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
No Scent bombs have never worked for me.
27.27%
Yes I know for a fact Scent bombs work for me.
59.09%
I have no faith in deer lure and do not use them.
13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Do Scent Bombs REALLY work?

Old 11-25-2005, 06:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Do Scent Bombs REALLY work?

I think the thing to keep in mind with scents and calls that they are only effective during a very short period of time duringdeer season. If you hit it right they work to the point you can't believe, and other times the deer pay no attention what so ever. I've had the best success in early pre-rut when the doe aren't quite ready, but the bucks are all primed to find that first hot doe. Once the doe come in it's harder to get a bucks attention when he is with a hot doe already.
Ditto.

I've found there is a short window of opportunity where it seems like everything works. May only last for a few days though.
I can personally say that scent bombs were 100% effective for me in the past. I've had several bucks over the years come into my hanging tinks 69 bombs. Out roaming around in the pre rut and all coming in downwind with their nose in the air.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:48 PM

DD there have been times when i've had luck and times when i haven't.have the best luck scrape hunting,one time i was using code blue, tarsel glands,DD i had two foxes try their best to get it from the hanging limb for about an hour, rolled in the scrape, and finally gave up, about 2hr, later around 11am. big boy showed up, he didn't have a chance to get it. i regularly use the tarsel glands or his hole back leg, drag it to my stand and hang it over a mock scrape.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:04 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: davester

I was going to post something until I saw the pics above, GOSH, is that what the bucks look like in Indiana?
Yep , they do .