Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

any one hunt in south carolina???

Old 11-16-2005, 02:04 PM

Default any one hunt in south carolina???

i am going to south carolina to hunt and i wanted toknow how it is.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Spike

Default RE: any one hunt in south carolina???

My family moved to Aiken, S.C. from Wisconsin before I was able to hunt. Come deer season, the neighbors asked my dad if he deer hunted. He told them that he did. They asked what gear he has; gun, clothes, boots, etc.

Dad answered all their questions in turn. Then they asked him if he had any snake chaps and a machete. Dad asked what for.

For when the snakes bite at your legs, you chop off their heads with the machete.

Dad never hunted deer when we lived in S.C.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Where in SC are you planning on hunting? I hunt in Kershaw and Fairfield Counties and its been alright for everyone besides me. I have seen some HAMMERS that have been taken this year. It is getting cool again so things should really pick up( as well as it will with a full moon).
Old 11-16-2005, 07:34 PM

I hunted in Chesterfield S.C. (MT. Croghan) about two years ago and had no luck. Me and some buddies leased this land from a paper company. Found out after the lease was signed this place had been hunt with dogs for a number of years, dont know if that had anything to do with it or not. But other friends of minehunt in the same area and have taken someREAL nice deer, along with a few hogs.