Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

From bad to worse...

Old 11-15-2005, 08:36 PM

Default RE: From bad to worse...

ok...whatever....good luck
Old 11-15-2005, 08:39 PM

your deer is dead probably, and there is a 90% chance that you can find it if you want it. You just haven't looked in the right place. Most poorly hit deer go to the same place..do you know where that is and why?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

did you just seriosuly post 5 times within ten minutes ont he same thread, with no one talking in between?[:-]

i believe it. my first buck did the same thing. I shot him, he went down, i jumped up all excited and he jumped up and ran away, i couldnt get a second shot. Searched for hours after dark that night and all the next day. My dad found him a while later, he wasnt too far from where i shot him, but he left no blood trail, no hair, nothing.

This past weekend my dad and uncle shot a deer that had been shot by someone else and ran onto our property. This thing left no blood trail, even though it had a huge hole in its left shoulder from where someone had shot him. My dad hit him twice, and the buck kept going, leaving no blood trail. My father admits that he didnt have a decent shot oppurtunity, but this deer was hurt bad and he was jsut trying to put him down with whatever shot he could take on him. My uncle found him a little bit later and shot him. We skinned him and he had 4 or 5 bullet wounds. And he only left a trail about last last 20 feet that he went.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:20 PM

yes I did. i was hoping to give this guy a hand finding his deer but he never answered. OH WELL. Another one for the yotes.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:54 PM

One time my freind shot a doe in the double lung but high, no blood. we both walked the woods for hours that night and found nothing. The next day spent two more hours walking the woods and still nothing. Then two weeks later while in stand I could smell the worst smell ever, the doe had only ran about sixty yards and bedded down in some brush. We were just determined that the doe had ran a long ways. Its always sucks when you have trouble retreaving game. try looking close not far?
Old 11-15-2005, 10:32 PM

This is help for next time out.Get rid of those Ballistic Tips.I know several people who made great shots to have their deer run and never found.I use 30-06 Rem coreloc 180gr PSP shoot one time dead deer.Meat in freezer.