Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers

Old 11-17-2005, 01:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers

Sure hope Mr. Marvin Macy is able to recover and get a good desciption of the attackers. This situation is more fuel to the fire. Many hunters wonder why so many areas are "NO TRESSPASSING". Poachers are going to be the downfall of the honest hunter.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: White-tail-deer

It always amazes me what people will do for a deer. The sad thing about trespassers and poachers are if you don't stay strong with kicking people off your land it only gets worse! People have no respect these days!![:@]
I agree with WT .... I think the state is going to have to make the sentence in a hunter with a firearmtresspassing a LOT stiffer if they really want to curtail a lot of this ...if I were a land owner having problems with tresspassers I would have a video camera with me everytime I was on that property ...a picture is worth a 1000 words in court for sure.

dd
Old 11-17-2005, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

kshunter You seem to have access to some info here.Can you find out if this guy needs any help(money) or other wise.Does he have insurance ?I think it would be easy to raise some cash here.And maybe one of you locals might find a new place to hunt if he needed some farm help. Let me know .

Thanks Jim
Old 11-17-2005, 05:49 AM

ORIGINAL: SparrowHawk

A defenseless old man. What a bunch of cowards. I wish the story ended with that poor old man packing a 12ga with 00 buckshot. He was obviously unarmed and i hope these people are caught and get attempted murder
I have to agree with that.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: veener88

ORIGINAL: SparrowHawk

A defenseless old man. What a bunch of cowards. I wish the story ended with that poor old man packing a 12ga with 00 buckshot. He was obviously unarmed and i hope these people are caught and get attempted murder
I have to agree with that.
I'd like to spit some BeechNut in those dude's eyes and shoot'em with my ole 45 [:@]

dd

Old 11-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great News!!!!

Arrest in Clay County stabbing case
An arrest has been made in the Clay County stabbing that occurred earlier this week. 49-year-old Gene Bitler of Council Grove was taken into custody Wednesday evening. Bitler is charged with one count of attempted first degree murder, as well as charges of criminal deprivation of property, fleeing and eluding a police officer, contributing to a child's misconduct, criminal hunting, and several other fish and game violations. Bitler's bond has been set at 750-thousand dollars. The charges stem from the Sunday evening stabbing of Clay County farmer Marvin Macy, who attempted to speak with deer poachers on his property. Macy is listed in fair condition at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita. However authorities say it took several hours of surgery to rebuild his face and abdomen following the stabbing. Clay County Sheriff Chuck Dunn and County Attorney Rick James say two other individuals are being questioned concerning the crime and more arrests are expected. Dunn says Bitler's arrest was the result of several days of intensive police work, aided by Clay County residents who came forward with important details about the crime. Natural Resources Officers and KBI agents also assisted in the investigation.

... As haven't heard much about the finances of everything, and if help is needed in that area.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

[blockquote]
Note in the article below; Marvin had no idea the 15 year old in the pickup, with a dog box to boot, was poaching deer! It's truely amazing how the media time after time sensationalize the "story". All of the sudden, the *victim* turns into someone who should have known better! ************ When Marvin Macy drove his car down the dark rural Clay County road that divides his property the evening of Nov. 13, he had no idea that a deer had been shot on his property.
He didn't know the man in the red pickup truck stopped on the road was one of a team of three others. What he saw was a single young man who might need help.
That assumption landed him in the hospital.
"Marvin was doing what any other local farmer would do. Anyone who knows Marvin knows he is not confrontational," Macy's wife Janet said, in response to reports that Marvin had confronted three hunters.
In a phone interview from Wichita, Janet Macy told the Dispatch that media reports about her husband's role in the stabbing have been incorrect and sensationalized.
Janet said when Marvin was driving on Jayhawk road that Sunday evening, he saw "a kid in a red truck sitting in the middle of the road."
Marvin wondered what had happened and got out of his vehicle to offer help, Janet said. Marvin told her the young man said he'd stopped to put oil in his truck, and that he and Marvin continued to have a pleasant conversation.
"Marvin said the guy in the truck seemed so nice. He didn't know there were two other people around," Janet said.
Marvin told Janet that as he was talking with the pickup truck driver, Marvin heard a noise that he assumed was a dog in the truck's dog box.
It wasn't a dog. A man who had crawled around the truck, jumped out from behind the truck and stabbed Marvin, Janet said.
Macy said the man chased him into the field and stabbed him again then chased him back to the road where the man stabbed him a third time. At that point, Janet said Marvin said he thought he saw a light.
"The passenger in the truck knew that Marvin had called the game warden, and shouted out. The guy who stabbed Marvin turned and ran. We think he jumped into our car -- Marvin couldn't see clearly, it was dark," Janet said.
Marvin walked half a mile, his nose nearly severed and his intestines exposed, to an old farmstead where he had stored a wheat truck. He drove home honking the horn while holding his abdominal wound.
"I knew something was wrong when I heard him honking. I grabbed my phone and ran out and got there as Marvin pulled into the driveway. I held him in the dark, alone, and called 911," Janet said.
After that, she called a neighbor for help.
"It seemed like an eternity," Janet said.
Janet, an intensive care nurse, said she knew that neither Clay County Medical Center or Abilene could handle Marvin's wounds.
But when the medical helicopter arrived, Janet said her heart sank. Twenty years ago, Marvin and Janet's son was involved in a farm accident and was taken via helicpoter to the hospital where he died of the his injuries.
"A helicopter took our son away and he never came back. And now a helicopter is coming to take my husband away," Janet recalled thinking.
She knew, though, that Marvin had to get treatment and get it fast. She said Marvin's vital signs were bad that first night, and he nearly died.
Janet wonders why the men felt it necessary to try to kill Marvin. "They left him to die. There are no close houses where they were. Why didn't they just take off? They didn't have to stab him," she said.
The Macys were surprised when the sheriff's department told them two days later that they'd found a deer poached from the Macy's property.
Janet said Marvin has had surgery to reattach his nose, which was being held on only by a flap of skin. In addition to his abdominal wound, one of Marvin's lungs was punctured.
His condition continues to improve. Marvin is eating clear solid foods, drinking juice, sitting up and beginning to walk.
"Marvin's doing good, considering what he's been through. He still has a chest tube and some IVs. But every day we get rid of one more tube," Janet said.
Marvin and Janet's daughter Tammy arrived from Austin, TX, earlier this week.

[/blockquote]
Old 11-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Makes ya want to approach them with a 357 instead of empty handed.

Old 11-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the Update, Glad to hear he is doing better!!!!!!! Marvin sounds like a quality person trying to help another. Instead he's left for dead! I'm glad they caught this SOB! The BS media can kiss my ass as well!!!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 11:55 AM

Hang'em high...as they are not worthy to walk our earth.

Quick Reply: Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.