Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Transportation Questions/Opinions

Old 11-04-2005, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer Transportation Questions/Opinions

i once stuffed a doe in the very back "trunk" of a old geo-metro......you know the little tiny cars.....that in the 90s got 40-50mpg no problem.......55 on the highway the guy noted one trip......behind the back seat is a small trunk/hatch type deal......i shot a big ole mature doe with that guy one day and he put a piece of painters canvas down and we put it back there.......mom didnt have any idea we even had a deer back there somehow when i got home......it gets hard when the drag is long and their legs are stiff unless you tie them to the body for the drag.......i put a BIGGER doe in the back of my plymouth duster......back seat folded down....it took up my whole trunk(which was good sized) and my whole back seat with it folded down........i didnt have a tarp or anything.......but we held it up off the bed of a truck for a minute or 2 to drain the blood.......all i had was some minor hair back there.......its very possible and easily done......a tarp or plastic sheet is nice........lay it down.....put the deer in there......then wrap it up a little so the blood cant rool out......good luck
Old 11-04-2005, 09:55 AM

Default RE: Deer Transportation Questions/Opinions

Thanks for all the information! I'll look for one of those deer game bags at some of the sporting goods stores near me. And your right about the yuppies, I live in a very up tight area for that so i guess i should watch my back a lil bit to prevent nagging.

Steve