Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Topographic Maps

Old 10-27-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Topographic Maps

I know I have read posts on this forum before in regards to topographic maps. There are two different types of maps from what I remember. The map I'm looking for is where you can look up the land you hunt and the map had lines, circles, and so on which represent diffent elevations, contours, and so on.

Any help would be appreciated along with possible web sites where I can get such maps. I found a topographic map of my area which is great, but I also want to cross reference the other type which I cannot find.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:54 PM

Default RE: Topographic Maps

Try www.mytopo.com.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:03 PM

http://terraserver-usa.com/AdvFind.aspx
Old 10-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Dominant Buck

I have an awesome site tha tmakes Terra Server look 100 yeasr sold. Just discovered it last week. I'm not a computer expert but my son downloaded it fromwww.googleearth.com

All you have to do is type in an address. You get 3 D, streets an dmuch more.you can't believe it and in color. I was able to see my red truck. SOme areas come in clearer than others. We paid the 20.00 a year for a clearer picture. It is awesome.It's in color.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:52 PM

I tried the google earth site, but maybe I just do not understand it. My deer lease does not have an actual physical address....At least not one that I have come up with yet. I do have the longitude and latitude coordinates of it. I used the terra server site to find those and come up with the aerial photo. I still cannot find the maps with the elevation and circles and so on.....Thank you all for your resposes.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Dominant Buck

I will get my wife on here to give you more clear cut directions. You will be easily able to find your site because you can follow the roads.
Here she is....

Hi, just go to the Google Earth site and there will be a link to download it on the left. Hope you enjoy it...
http://earth.google.com/

Old 10-28-2005, 10:54 AM

your best site is www.topozone.com
its free. the housing may not be up to date but the countours never change.