Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New hunter with a Shotgun Question

Old 10-27-2005, 02:24 PM

Default RE: New hunter with a Shotgun Question

I dont know if Brenneke Rottweils are made for a rifled barrel but with the gold3" mags in my mossy 500 with a birdie barrel, i feel like a damn sniper, they go where i aim them, so if i get a bad shot on a deer i can only blame myself. quote me on this latter when i am blaming my gun for an over the back at 25 yards.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know if you have a rifled barrel or not but if you do the best slugs out there are- www.lightfieldslugs.com .
Old 10-27-2005, 09:07 PM

That's a pretty broad statement. The best slug for your gun will be the slugs that shoot the best out of it. My slug gun doesn't like the lightfields at all, it shoots better with cheap rifled slugs then it did with the lightfields.

I know of at least three others that don't have very good luck with them either. They are worth a try however. They were the first slugs I tried out of mine, it just didn't seem to like them for accuracy.

Paul
Old 10-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ADD:
I dont know if you have a rifled barrel or not but if you do the best slugs out there are- www.lightfieldslugs.com .
You have to stop with that ADD. They may be the best shooting for YOU with YOUR gun but you can't paint the whole world with that broad of a brush.

Like Paul sez.....the best slugs for your gun are the ones that shoot best out of it.

Our 2 H&Rs doesn't like the Lightfields, and that's OK cause I don't like their price either. The 12 likes Brenekke 2-3/4 Heavy Field Magnums & 3" Gold Magnums. The 20 likes 3" Remington Copper Solids & Brenekke 3" Magnums.

In addition, ALL (except 1) of Brenekke's slugs are safe and designed to be shot thru rifled barrels, saboted or not. The 3" Gold Magnum box even sez "FOR RIFLED BARRELS ONLY" & they are not sabots.