Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Hunting Lease Guest Policy ?

Old 10-23-2005, 11:30 PM

Default RE: Deer Hunting Lease Guest Policy ?

I would say that the doe before a buck thing is a good idea and I'd also think that who the guest is would have a lot to do with it. I mean if its family or a younger person that goes to college and doesn't have the means to have their own land or lease and stuff (as myself) I'd hope you wouldn't want to say yea you can hunt but not for what everyone else is hunting for (although I'm sure they'd just be greatful to hunt period)....this as opposed to a middleaged guy that's making money and just doesn't want to spend it on land. You also mention that a member has to be with the guest at all times, so couldn't it kinda be implied that if the guest wasn't there, the member would get the buck, so it's kinda that member losing out. Just my younger two cents
Old 10-24-2005, 07:44 AM

Our guest policy. . . .you are 100% responsible for your guests.

A guest can shoot your trophie if you wish to give one of yours away. Typically though a guest is shooting for free so, Doe or Cull buck only. If they shoot a trophie buck it comes out of your bucket. If you already took your trophie this year then you are now out 1 for next year. If a guest can't tell what he or she is shooting before they pull the trigger then they should not be shooting.

Most of my guests have been freinds of my boys . . .so their dads sit with them and theyare just real happy to be hunting.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:33 PM

Our guest policy:

VIII. Guests.

A. Guests are defined as non-members entering the property for the purpose of hunting.

B. Guests must have a "guest ID card" on their person at all times while on the property. Guest ID Cards may be obtained from any officer. Any non-member found on the property without a guest card may be ticketed for trespassing.

C. All guests must be accompanied by the member. In other words, the member must be hunting at the same time as well.

D. Guest Restriction - During the year (Aug-Aug), members are allowed 4 free visits by guests (the same person no more than twice). After the 4 free visits or the 3rd visit by the same person, there will be a $50 hunting fee PER DAY charged to the MEMBER. The member may collect this money from his guest or pay it himself.

E. There will be a $50 buck replacement fee change charged to any guest that takes a buck. This fee will be charged TO THE MEMBER the following year. There is no penalty for taking a doe.

F. Member’s children (under age 16) may hunt free of charge.

Hope this helps. This is a trophy only lease.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:46 PM

Maybe it's just me being selfish, but I would be kind of annoyed if a non paying Guest took a wall hanger. I guess it would be for you to decided as paying members what the rules are going to be. I'd let them shoot all the does they want.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:26 AM

Well at our land guest can not hunt opening day and after that there is a fee a 50 bucks per day to hunt. If they kill a doe no extra charge, but if they shoot a buck we have a 200 dollar trophy fee...this goes back to the club toward seed and bigger buck for next year with the food plot money...