Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scentblocker question

Old 09-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scentblocker question

I am washing my scentblocker suit for the first time. It says to use their brand of wash but I was wondering if it would matter ifI used another non scented brand. My suit is last years model which has a removable carbon liner so I don't think it would matter, it would be like washing any other suit. What do you guys think?
Old 09-23-2005, 06:24 PM

Default RE: Scentblocker question

Nope, not a problem as long as its design specifically for washing hunting clothes (doesnt contain any UV brightners or is scented) Just to let ya know, I wash my Scentblocker Dream Season suit in Scentlok detergent.

Keep in mind, It is only recommended to wash activated carbon suits only when needed (ie-covered in blood or mud) Only 2-3 washings per season is needed. Many washing will begin breaking down the activated carbon.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cornfed_IL
Keep in mind, It is only recommended to wash activated carbon suits only when needed (ie-covered in blood or mud) Only 2-3 washings per season is needed. Many washing will begin breaking down the activated carbon.
Thanks. But that the weird part about my suit. It is last years model I guess is the way to put it. Up untill this year they had removable carbon liners. So the carbon never goes through the wash at all.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Id say go with the manufacturers specs.. you wouldnt want voidyour warranty..... would ya?? Youve spent so much on the suit.. why not spend to clean it right ..TOO LATE TO SECOND GUESS AND THINK DIFFERENTLY ...YOU OWN IT.

Hey.. does it have a warranty? What if you do all your suit instructions tell you and you still get winded.......do you get a full refund....does your outfitter ( no pun intended)discount your hunt??? JUST WUNDERIN ..safe hunting and FORGET THE WIND....JUST HUNT..isnt that one of those scentlock mottos?
Old 09-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

JUST WUNDERIN ..safe hunting and FORGET THE WIND....JUST HUNT..isnt that one of those scentlock mottos?

HAHA...I'll stick with hunting the wind personally!

No it doesn't matter they just want to sell you their consumables...just like ford, dodge or chevy it don't make sense for them tosuggest other products for use in their rigs..yet we all know they work(and so do they).