Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ever been attacked by a wounded animal??

Old 09-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ever been attacked by a wounded animal??

When I was about 12 or so, my grandpahad a trap line set out. We were there visiting for the weekend and he knew I loved to run the traps so he told me I could run them the next morning. We went that evening and ran the line so he could show me where they were. The next morning, I'm up at daylight and rearing to go. I take the 4 wheeler and 22 rifle and the first trap I come to has a big (I mean BIG) 'possum in it. I took the 22 (with shorts) and shot the 'possum between the eyes, took him out of the trap and put him on the wheeler. I reset and baited the trap, then I put the rifle on the wheeler and proceeded to go to the next trap. While riding upa hill, I was thinking, this was a pretty good day, got a 'possum in my first trap and anticipating what would be next. Well, there was no way to anticipate what would be next........all of a sudden, I heard the most aweful hissing and growling from my "dead" BIG 'possum that was taking a ride with me. I turned around and looked to see a mouth full of teeth and pure evil in the eyes of my victim turned aggressor. I then decided (rather quickly) to abandon ship and let the 'possum have both the 4 wheeler and the gun. Luckily for me, he'd never had any weapons training. The wheeler went up the trail a little further before it stopped and started back down towards me. The 'possum must have never ridden a 4 wheeler before either, because he fell off and was run over. This didn't finish him though, kinda ticked him off a little more. Now he was mad at me for shooting him, giving him a ride, and the wheeler for running over him. After the wheeler came to rest at the base of an oak tree, I got back to the rifle and proceeded towards the 'possum to deliver the coupe de gra and get everything settled back down. I think I wound up shooting the 'possum 13 times or something before he ever quit moving. I finished running the trap line with the'possum on the front rack (for safety purposes), then back to the house for the skinning. When my grandpa got to that'possum, he asked "what the he!! happened to this one?" After the story, he said if he'd of heard the story before he'd started skinning, he'd of gotten it mounted.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:00 PM

I got attacked by my "X" a few time's. I dont think she was wounded but she was sure pissed off!
Old 09-24-2005, 04:14 PM

Does being attacked by Janeane Garafolo count?
okcmco
Old 09-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I killed them dead....end of story
Old 09-27-2005, 05:55 AM

I WAS RAN OVER BY A HOG WHILE HUNTING IN CORNFIELDS IN TEXAS. GOOD THING I WAS WEARING SNAKE PROTECTORS OR ELSE I WOULD HAVE PROBABLY LOST A KNEE. TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY MY DOGS RAN OVER ME RIGHT AFTER THE HOG KNOCKED ME ON MY A$$.