Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Would you poach ?

Old 09-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Would you poach ?

A while back there was a topic of would you ever poach or a time when poaching was ok. Many said at no time would they ever poach. I and some others said if it came down to survival we would. The arguement was that in these day and times no one has to poach because you can find food somewhere or the government would take care of you.

In the aftermath of the hurricane would some of you change your mind. It could be a disaster of any kind really doesn't matter. I just think in a life and death situation everyone would poach to survive and if you say you wouldn't your not being truthful with yourself.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Would you poach ?

I think in a life and death situation that most anybody would resort to anything, including cannibalism to survive. Poaching or illegal huntingwouldn't matter in that kind of situation.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:13 AM

I agree w/ timber.....I'm not so sure it would be called poaching but maybe surviving
Old 09-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

I think in a life and death situation that most anybody would resort to anything, including cannibalism to survive. Poaching or illegal huntingwouldn't matter in that kind of situation.
here we go again ,lol...............Timbercruiser,i totally agree.........[8D]
Old 09-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

really it wouldnt be a real bad plan......if you were really struggling.....instead of pawning off your guns, or ammo, or bow....you could use those weapons and put some food on the table and maybe even sell some to get some cash.....i know you said that the government would take care of you.....but i would rather resort to hunting to put food on the table than going and sitting in a line for food stamps, or waiting for a welfare check.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:25 AM

I wouldnt even think twice about "poaching" for food....I think that we have all seen in the wake of the recent disaster in the south, that the government WILL NOT always be there to save the needy. I would take survival matters into my own hands, hands that I CAN depend on.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:30 AM

Not me, I'd be waiting for FEMA to give me my $2000 debit card. I know they'd take care of me - they're professionals.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

Here in PA if your starving for food all you have to do is talk to the local game warden or DNR officer and they will make sure you get meat on the table. If it comes down to it that you are required to poach then pretty much our government has crumbled and you would need those guns/weapons for more then just hunting!
Old 09-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Poached eggs are good with garlic and hot peppers on rye bread
Old 09-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto.

Quick Reply: Would you poach ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.