Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Would you poach ?

Old 09-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Would you poach ?

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

I WOULD ONLY POACH WHEN USING A SPOT LIGHT ;&gt)

DD

I thought the sun never set in Northern Bama?
Old 09-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

I WOULD ONLY POACH WHEN USING A SPOT LIGHT ;&gt)

DD

I thought the sun never set in Northern Bama?
REB IT DPN'T IF YOU HAVE A 500000 CANDLE LIGHT SPOTLIGHT MOUNTED ON THE OLE TRUCK ;&gt)
Old 09-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I had Air Craft landing lights on mine, 1,000,000 candle power, one on each
corner of the truck roof, but only used it for tracking at night.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey dd, do you consider road hunting poaching, J/K, but i know theres a bunch of folks in our area that don't see anything wrong with it[:@], last year me and the wife are headed south on 431, you know where all the bridges are, the P.R. river bridge and all, well we go by one of the fields, and there is a sure nuff dandy 10/12pt standing at the back edge of one of those fields, we had just passed a little small truck that was turnin around in the median, i noticed he had his passenger side window down, its 38 deg., something didn't add up, told my wife he's fixin to bust that buck, she was in dis-belief, so i turn around pull in behind him, and guess what i see, a blue piece of what i'm assuming was a piece of round stock (yea right), he could not hide the gun quick enough, i told him what he was trying to do was highly illegal, and that the owner of the land would prosecute him, he got pretty smart with me and said "man i was just using my scope to check him out" i just said tell yourself whatever you got to believe, a few weeks later i'm 98% sure he was the clown that got arrested over off baily cove, and carl t jones roads, i know you remember the story.....shooting the deer outside the beauty shop, this guy was dumber than he looked
Old 09-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

if i was starving then probably but as long as i've got food in the freezer and money in my account then i'll have to say NO WAY!!!
Old 09-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

MT I KNOW YOU KNOW I WAS JUST CUTTING UP ... NO I WOULD NOT SHOOT A DEER FROM A TRUCK OR USE A LIGHT BUT I KNOW ITS BAD HERE IN ALABAMA .... TELL YOU A QUICK STORY .... LAST YEAR I WAS SETTING IN A CAFE EATING BREAKFAST WITH A COUPLE OF OTHER GUYS WHEN A YOUNG MAN WALKED IN AND STARTED TELLING US ABOUT A BIG 12 POINT HIS DAD HAD SHOT ...HE TOLD US THAT AFTER HIS DAD SHOT THE BIG DEER THERE WERE 3 OTHERS IN THE FIELD JUST STANDING THERE ...I ASKED HIM WHY HE DIDN'T SHOOT ONE AND HE SAID HE COULDE'NT BECAUSE...... HE WAS THE ONE HOLDING THE LIGHT ;.))

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 09-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Keith, DD and I were just funning with each other! I would be the first one
to call it-in, if saw that onthe side of the road. I do walk logging roads in
season, in legal shooting hours.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

DD and Reb, i know ya'll were joking, i've never met either of you and i know what kind of hunters ya'll are, the right kind, oh yea i sent waff 48 news a nice little letter because they called the yoyo that killed the deer by the beauty shop "A HUNTER", wow that bozo really helps our image with the non-hunting public[&o]

btw what would be the minimum candle power i should get, i need one that could start a fire in an emergency[:-][:-][:-][:-][:-]

Old 09-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Keith, I think starting a fire hasa higher fine than poaching![:-]
Old 09-11-2005, 10:39 PM

If poaching was allow the answer under times is NO . But whentimes got tuff at the house and the food was getting low I will take the words of Hank Williams, JR to heart A country boy will survive. And I will put foot on the table. I do not intend to ask the goverment to take care of me or my family, as long as I am ableI will take care of my family. I do not condone poaching for profit but if some one is doing it to put food on table and they do it on my land I will turn my head and not see it. A good thing we have here in Kentucky is the food for the needed, where local processing place will take in and process deer to give to the needed. Lets us all agree we would do it for food if we needed it. But lets us hope and pray we do not need to.

Quick Reply: Would you poach ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.