Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cuddeback pics

Old 09-10-2005, 01:02 PM

Default RE: Cuddeback pics

Ya those are some crisp lookin pics. Thanks for sharing
Old 09-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Great Pictures!!
Old 09-11-2005, 10:47 AM

Gary

Great pics.....very crisp.

I really like how the date and time stamp are shown as white on a black background across the bottom of the pic. I've got a Cam-Tracker that prints the date/time stamp in yellow on the bottom right of the pic. About 90% of the time you can't even see it well enough to tell what it says. They said that, for a fee, they could add a black background to the date/time stamp but I haven't had that done yet as I'm really considering getting a digital.

Cddeback claims the fastest sutter speed and mutch longer battery life of all the game cams out there. Have you found these claims to be true?

Also, are you able to review the pics in the field? I think that would be a huge advantage.

Thanks
Doug
(firstshot)
-------------------------------------
Make your first shot count!

Old 09-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

Doug--- Yea the date/time stamp beign at the bottom and not interfereign with the pic is really nice, especially when I compare ti to my stealth cam and only being able to display one.
As for the trigger and battery life...the trigger is great it easily triggers as fast as the 35 mm camera.As for the batteries, for a while i had been using just any D batteries i could find arouns the house and this lats time i put brand new duracell ones in and after a month and 300 pictures its reading a battery level 2 (1.2.3.4) 1 being the worst, its been readign a 2 for about 2 weeks and i called the company, they said soemthign is defitnely wrong and that i would need to send it back to them to get it fixed but as long as im gettin a month and a half ill be fine..with the season just aroudn the corner i think im gonna hold onto it instead of sendin it back.

As for viewing the pics in the field....i dontbut they claim that with some wires u can....its just as easy for me to go back to the computer, but during the season i could see where it woudl come in handy.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: glew22

As for viewing the pics in the field....i dontbut they claim that with some wires u can....its just as easy for me to go back to the computer, but during the season i could see where it woudl come in handy.
Thanks for the info!!!!

Do you have to take the camera home to view the pics on the computer, or does the camera have those little data chips that you can remove and take home?

firstshot
---------------------------------
Make your first shot count
Old 09-12-2005, 09:21 AM

glew22

Just went out to the Cuddeback website and found that their digital camera does use Compact Flash Cards that can be removed and loaded into a compatable digital camera for viewing in the field.

Thanks again for the first hand info. I'm seriously considering getting one of these.

firstshot
--------------------------------------
Make your first shot count!