Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

HEY SINCE EVERYONE SEEMS TO WANT TO SCORE ..

Old 09-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HEY SINCE EVERYONE SEEMS TO WANT TO SCORE ..

HEY BARNESX DON'T SWEAT IT NUN BUDDY THATS WHY I HAVE NOT STARTED MY OWN TV HUNTING SHOW TO ... I DONT KNOW 100FROM A 150 LOL;&gt)

DD
Old 09-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Doc, how's the weather in Quebec, Alabama?Man y'all have sone fine Boo's up yonder!

Old 09-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

WOW REB HAVE I CREATED A MONSTER WITH GOOFY DEER OR WHAT .... NOW THAT YOU USE IT ALL I SEE ALL OVER THE FORUM IS THAT DEER STICKING OUT HIS TONGUE LOL .... JUST REMEMBER WHERE YOU STOLE HIM ..... AS FOR THE WEATHER IN QUEBEC ALABAMA ... ITS FAIR TO PARTLY CLOUDY ....

DD
Old 09-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

WOW REB HAVE I CREATED A MONSTER WITH GOOFY DEER OR WHAT .... NOW THAT YOU USE IT ALL I SEE ALL OVER THE FORUM IS THAT DEER STICKING OUT HIS TONGUE LOL .... JUST REMEMBER WHERE YOU STOLE HIM ..... AS FOR THE WEATHER IN QUEBEC ALABAMA ... ITS FAIR TO PARTLY CLOUDY ....

DD
Old 09-15-2005, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

dh 18 now THAT is what I'm talkin about!!! THAT my boys is a "Oh God" 8ptr. ANYTIME, ANYWHERE an 8 gets over 140" it is a TOAD and once it surpasses the 150+ mark you are talking about a real "Bull of the woods". I have only seen a handful of them in 20years with the biggest being an actual B&C class 8ptr during bowseason on my families place in MO about 10 years ago. It was seen and verified a week later by our biologist and there are only what, about half a dozen or less 8s in the permamnent book? The rarest of the rare among trophies!!!

I think to many guys are confusing the question some of us ask about what a deer scored or at least are confusing our meaning or reason for asking such. When someone tells me they killed an 8ptr, obviously that can mean alot of things. If it is an average trophy of around 110" I know it, if they say (and it actually is) a 140+ 8 then I know they have a truly special and rare trophy. That's the only reason I ask. The same goes on here, if someone on here can't post a pic but tells us of their 150" 10ptr then we have a decent idea of what they are talking about.

The emphasis and "worth" isn't necessarily in the numerical value, it's just a way to quantify and communicate the size without pics!
RA

Thanks Red, Im very happy with this deer. There is another one on the property that i hunt that is almost identical to this one just 2 years older and has the same exact antler setup but has about 13 more inches of horn. I think he would look great on the wall right next to my 152" 8 pointer. Im just wondering if it is like the grandpa of my deer.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Red, Im very happy with this deer. There is another one on the property that i hunt that is almost identical to this one just 2 years older and has the same exact antler setup but has about 13 more inches of horn. I think he would look great on the wall right next to my 152" 8 pointer. Im just wondering if it is like the grandpa of my deer.
[/quote]

WOW DH YOU MUST BE ON A HONEY HOLE ...AND THATS PRETTY PERCISE "13in" LARGER ... ITS NOT HIGH FENCE IS IT?

DD
Old 09-16-2005, 05:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive seen that bottom buck before somewhere hes very distinct, did you place him on other sites??? Hes pretty neat.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOL ..YEH "WIS" HE HAS BEEN ON SEVERAL SITES ON THE NET ... IVE PLACED HIM ON A FEW AND OTHER HAVE PLACED HIM ON SOME .... THANK YOU FOR NOTICING ... ITS NICE TO HAVE A DEER DISTINCTIVE ENOUGH TO BE RECOGNIZED WHEN ONE SEES HIM AGAIN ...

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 09-16-2005, 08:00 AM

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

WOW DH YOU MUST BE ON A HONEY HOLE ...AND THATS PRETTY PERCISE "13in" LARGER ... ITS NOT HIGH FENCE IS IT?

DD
[/quote]

HONEY HOLE YES, HIGH FENCE NO. As a mater of fact I was18 years old and scouted and harvested this deer all by myself. I am sure that you little alberta hunts were guided right. See at least i have something to be proud of. And yeah 13 in. is pretty percise. But that is because i have been scouting this deer A LOT and i know how to score a buck, it kinda sounds like you need to take a class from me on how to score because those bucks of yours are no where near what you say they are.[:-]
Old 09-16-2005, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

hey deer-hunter that 8 pt truly is a HAWG!

Quick Reply: HEY SINCE EVERYONE SEEMS TO WANT TO SCORE ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.