Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting is not a game

Old 09-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting is not a game

Here's what I think. I think humans are outstanding at finding cracks in any rule set they are given. So, somebody has to ride herd on people constantly to make sure they haven't found some new way to bend the rules.

Look at it this way. In my state of MT, we have one tag holder for every elk. Think about that! If everybody has agood season and gets their elk by "any resource that is available" then we just killed all the elk off. Obviously, holding a license doesn't grant any right to kill an animal. In the MT elk case, we need about 80% failure in order to preserve the population.

When you look at it that way, it becomes a different question doesn't it? We should be more concerned with squelching new-fangled contraptions that could upset the balance than with every individual hunter squeezing out every advantage he can.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

Hunting is not a game it's a TRADITION. Just like Thanksgiving dinner.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lou-lou

Hunting is not a game it's a TRADITION. Just like Thanksgiving dinner.
I'll remember that when I watchan NFL football game (talk about a TRADITION) on TV Thanksgiving Day.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

You watch your game, which is also tradition too in my family, as for me I'll watch my bullet pass thru a huge buck , after I eat and watch half the game of course. HAHA.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Typical Buck

Hunting is however you make it to be, if you disagree with someones methods, dont be a jerk and flame the guy. Let it be, everyone hunts different, whether you like it or not, so dont start arguements over something as lame as tactics. We should be united, not arguing.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zerex have we dialogued before???? I agree with you

keep it legal and get it tagged
Old 09-18-2005, 09:03 PM

I tend to believe what Legendary Bowhunter Gene Wensel said in the new DVD Primal Dreams www.brothersofthebow.com
“ Hunting is a basic human instinct no different the eating, breathing, sleeping or reproducing. Hunters function on instinct. They quietly follow their hearts in a complex form of tracking. We are all brothers, what we carry in our arms may vary but what we carry in our hearts is solid proof that we are in fact family”. It is extremely important that we all hunt for the right reasons. Our very existence depends on it! Why we hunt is far more important than What? When? Where? or How?
Old 09-19-2005, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dreamchaser

I tend to believe what Legendary Bowhunter Gene Wensel said in the new DVD Primal Dreams www.brothersofthebow.com
“ Hunting is a basic human instinct no different the eating, breathing, sleeping or reproducing. Hunters function on instinct. They quietly follow their hearts in a complex form of tracking. We are all brothers, what we carry in our arms may vary but what we carry in our hearts is solid proof that we are in fact family”. It is extremely important that we all hunt for the right reasons. Our very existence depends on it! Why we hunt is far more important than What? When? Where? or How?
AMEN