Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Are you a bad hunter?

Old 09-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Are you a bad hunter?

I prefer the term "average" as opposed to "bad". I don't really shoot big bucks and have, in past years, not even filled a tag. Would that be considered a "bad hunter"?
Old 09-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoy my early morning walk in the woods with my rifle.
The sunrise. Hearing the forest come alive.It's great even
when I don't kill anything, which is the great majority of the
time. So yeah, I too am a bad hunter.

PK
Old 09-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

It varies from year to year.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Any worse and I might as well go vegan ...
We all have bad habits . I used to smoke while hunting , my stalking skills are pretty laughable , and I almost always forget something that I'll invariably need later*cough*blaze hat*cough*license*.

Do I still have fun ? Of course !
DITTO!
Old 09-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

Jimmy S...looks like you lost that bet really really bad...[:@]
Old 09-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I'm a bad hunter. I fart in my stand, and if I wasn't so high the deer might smell it. I move around in my stand, pick my nose, and chew Redman and drink coffee. I think the deer just come by out of curiosity just to see what I'll do that day. Then I shoot them.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:44 PM

your bad hunter question really made me stop and think......gut check.I modern firearm hunt for a lot of years.uptill just a few years ago,i took intrest in bow hunting.A buddy of mine bow hunts and i told him id take him out.I was happy to see that all the spots i thought would be good places to go,where...7-10 a weekend.he got his deer.but got the shakes bad at a shot of 20 yrds for his cow.After getting to be that close to wild game....what a rush.i will never fire arm hunt again....the reason is that fire arm guys out here dont like to walk...and there like knats out here in washington.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:53 AM

Boozehound74, I've been "firearm" ( mostly handguns) hunting around 35 years and I walk around ten miles a day hunting mostly in brush. I'll hand it to you there are firearm hunters that are out just to get away form the wife and kids, but I've seen a lot of bow hunters in the same boat. I also see a large number of bow hunters ride there quads out to there treestands where they sit all day. This I trust is not your idea of walking is it? Good luck to you my friend this hunting season.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WARedBear

Jimmy S...looks like you lost that bet really really bad...[:@]
Like you said...Really Bad! What the heck was I thinkin'. Maybe folks in other states/provinces are more honest than the hunters in New Englans...'cause no one I know up here would ever admit to being a bad hunter....(not even me)!.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would rather say I'm inexperanced than bad. I went out hunting a small bit when I was a kid. But with divorced parents I didn't go out. I finally started hunting again about 4 years ago. I just have a lot of catching and learning to do.

Quick Reply: Are you a bad hunter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.