Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

GPS? Anyone?

Old 09-05-2005, 12:47 PM

Default GPS? Anyone?

I'm thinking of getting a GPS system. Anyone have any ideas for what type I should buy? I'll probally need to use it in the forests from Vancouver to middle of BC. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:00 PM

Default RE: GPS? Anyone?

Also for gps do u need to pay a service fee? or register for someting or just buy and use?
Old 09-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

Hello
I have a garmin legend. Very nice unit and its able to load maps into it. I've had it for several years. Two of my brothers and my son also have the same model. Theylike theres as well. I also do a lot of bicycling to stayin shape and with an optional handlebar attachment it works great on the bike as well, logging speed, distance traveled and such. Also have a bracket for mounting in my hunting truck.
No, there are no fees required to use the unit. One brother is in the Air Force and he uses his in Germany.

Dan
Old 09-05-2005, 01:31 PM

Cool thanks.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Garmen Emap. It’s an excellent GPS and also has the map. Great for traveling. The only thing I don’t like is that it’s not water proof only water resistant. You’ll have to check them out to see which one would work best for you. Good luck.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

explorists 600 the ultimate in handheld GPS tech
Old 09-18-2005, 03:08 AM

i use a garmin gps 60cs and absolutely love it. ive used it over here in iraq and back at home for geocaching. great features and probably a little more than most people need. i plan on buying the na map sets for travel when i get back. definitely recommended to buy this gps
Old 09-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Garmin Rino 120 which is niec because alot of my hunting buddies have the same model, which means we can talk and pin-point each other while hunting.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

I've got a Garmin etrex camo. Has all the basic features, plus best hunting fishing time calculator built in. It cost about $100.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:05 AM
Spike

I purchased a Garmin GPSMAP60CS in prep for Iraq and have been using it over here in Kuwait for the past 7 months and love it. It has a good amountof memory on board so you can load up several maps and store lots of points. I find the tracking/back-tracking function on it very usefull in plotting my routes I have taken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.