Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whoops! That was a button buck!

Old 09-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whoops! That was a button buck!

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

And if one of the club members reads this and recognizes your handle they might throw you out of the club for being dishonest. It would have been better if you had of accepted your responsibility and error.
Yep,Fine upstanding member any club would be proud to have...Yes,I have done it before,and it may happen again.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I totally agree with Timber. That was a dirt bag thing to do and IF you were a member of my hunt club I would love to get rid of ya! Dishonest sportsman like this seem to cheat everyone whenever they can and I wouldn't take the chance of trusting you again. To ie and then to sneak the animal out is a shame and testifies to your character.

Old 09-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

And if one of the club members reads this and recognizes your handle they might throw you out of the club for being dishonest. It would have been better if you had of accepted your responsibility and error.
Timber, what is it in FL, 5"above the head? The club in Madison,Fl.I was in, would
not tolerate shooting a button buck.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first deer was a button buck. I didnt even feel bad it was my first deer i think anyone would of felt the same way.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:02 PM

Ok this is a mistake that I do not want to make my first year since I only have one tag for a buck and I have a check in station so I can not tag it a doe if I even wanted to. So what are some ways to tell a doe from a button buck? I first thought build would be it but after reading this it does not seem like that is fool proof.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Penis maybe?
Old 09-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: veener88

Ok this is a mistake that I do not want to make my first year since I only have one tag for a buck and I have a check in station so I can not tag it a doe if I even wanted to. So what are some ways to tell a doe from a button buck? I first thought build would be it but after reading this it does not seem like that is fool proof.
Well,really if you aren't sure don't shoot.I just use a pair of bino's or my scope,and check their head.If you see bumps,that's a nubby.If you look at a doe too much you will hallucinate,and may think you see nubs.So...If it doesn't stand out at first glance,then don't take a chance.(Had to rhyme!)
Old 09-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

I did once a couple years ago. He was about 25-30yds away and I knew for sure it was a doe. After I shot it took off so I thought I missed but decided to climb down to follow up just to make sure. I found TONS of blood/lung so I followed it about 60yds. and found him. I was all excited thinkin' I had shot a doe but when I got up to it I noticed the nubs. I was devastated...broke down cryin'. I had always said that I would NEVER shoot a button buck but because I misidentified it I broke my word to myself.Granted it was a nice sized one and the nubs were hardly noticable but I screwed up bigtime in my opinion. Now I'm beyond hesitant when I see a doe and if there's any doubt in my mind then I pass.

ps-he was tasty and very tender.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hate to say, but I don't know. I hunt in the Troy, Al area and havn't bought a Fl license in years.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:54 PM

StrutnBPS -Just wanted to let you know that what you said was the meanest thing any hunter has ever said to me and ever will-you should be ashamed of yourself!.I did not mean to shot the button buck-it was an acident andI was to embarrased to tell my fellow members.So plase dont ever go around bad talking other hunters when you dont evenknow the whole story or even know the person your trash talking!I am one of the most honest folks in this world(except for the buttom buck accident)! I think I deserve an apology!!Have a good day! AND HAPPY HUNTING.

Quick Reply: Whoops! That was a button buck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.