Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Should we display our dead Deer?

Old 09-28-2002, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Should we display our dead Deer?

I was at the processer the other day with a hog that I had killed bow hunting.Another man drove up with a Doe on a trailor.The processer said that he wished people would not display animals like that because too many people would get upset looking at it.He thinks that would day that could turn too many people against us and we might lose our hunting rights.What do you think?Myself,I dont care what they think.

Old 09-28-2002, 04:31 PM

Default RE: Should we display our dead Deer?

In Mass. it is required that at least some of the deer is showing at all times.
Old 09-28-2002, 05:38 PM

RET; you should care what they think. they are the ones that will take your privilages away.
any thing they can take pic's. of and display in there papers will make some little lady in our schools show our kids "see what your daddy is doing to Bambi."
each and every kid that one teacher can convert will convert one of there friends and another and another. that mounts to a lot of kids that will be able to vote in a few short years to change our laws.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 09-28-2002, 05:52 PM

i display mine with pride, BUT if i was in an area where i knew there were anti's i wouldnt, but its almost a tradition here, if you get one you drive aorund for a couple hours showing it off then hang it up in your front yard and like fifty people stop and look lol, my dad killed a monster a few years ago and man people was at our house till midnight

"She said if I hit that fishin hole today, she's be packin all her things and she'd, be gone by noon....I'm gonna miss her, when I get home."
Old 09-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't display anything.I'll take it and show a few hunting buddies but that's about it.You have 3 kinds of people:hunters,anti's and fence-sitters who can go either way and I refuse to give some anti hunting knucklehead "ammo" to sway the fence-sitters to their side.Every hunter should care what people think-it reflects on all of us and our sport.It's a shame that we have to be so politically correct,but that's what you have to be these days.
Old 09-28-2002, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
RET; you should care what they think. they are the ones that will take your privilages away.
any thing they can take pic's. of and display in there papers will make some little lady in our schools show our kids &quot;see what your daddy is doing to Bambi.&quot;
each and every kid that one teacher can convert will convert one of there friends and another and another. that mounts to a lot of kids that will be able to vote in a few short years to change our laws.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

I hear what your saying But The Antis are not going to kiss your butt so why kiss theirs.Alot of the same people have no problem with looking at steaks or chicken in the store.Or they have no problem with leather shoe,belts pocket books and so on.Someone had to kill these animals for them.Anyways if I ever get that wall hanger you can bet Im going to show him off with pride.

Old 09-28-2002, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

I'm with you RET 30-06. I am not ashamed of my kills, If they don't like it look the other way.

Old 09-28-2002, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tough subject! RET3006, I agree with you about the anti`s! I could`nt care less what they think, but it is the non-hunting public I worry about. As long as the non-hunters don`t side with the anti`s we are OK. If they all get together, we are in trouble!
I personally keep mine covered up, but I sure like to see them big bucks going by!

NRA,UBP,BASS Member
New Stanton,PA
Old 09-28-2002, 07:36 PM

RET; don't get me wrong,I also show mine off to friends and hunting buddys. I leave the tailgate of the truck down for all to see as I drive through town.
I am just saying we should all pay attention to what we do and what they say to the kids and the so called fense setters.
I do believe we as hunters have the right to hunt and do as we Damn well please no matter what the anti's think. I just don't want to be to blame for giving them any ammo. thats all I am saying.

Old 09-28-2002, 09:03 PM

i feel that we shouldn't hide our kills it seems to me if we did this,it's like we are ashamed of what we did and are trying to hide so no one knows that we are hunters,i show my deer off but in the same respect i don't believe we should ride around for a week with the same buck in the back of the truck.

Quick Reply: Should we display our dead Deer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.