Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My annual reminder

Old 08-29-2005, 05:32 PM

Default RE: My annual reminder

I dont think i could pull the trigger on a dog that appeared to be domesticated.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cardeer

Some one who shoots my dog whenme and my dog are doing things legally will get shot back at. My dog is a family member that would die for me and my family.He sleeps and eats in my home and sleeps with us and watches over the baby like a marine guarding a terrorist.
yup i know the exactly how you feel and agree with you wholeheartadly. if someone wants to start throwing lead at me or my dogs they will definately get as much if not more back.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: texhookem

I dont think i could pull the trigger on a dog that appeared to be domesticated.
the dog would have to be doing more than walking under my stand. he'ld have to be coming at me or my dogs in a menacing way for me to do it.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

I agree, on public land you must take into consideration that a dog could be their leagally. I lost a really good GSP on public land several years ago while hunting pheasants. Some dumb schmuck shot her with an arrow, and she didn't survive. She was wearing an E-collar and a blaze orange hunting vest. He got mad because she got to close to his stand, which was on the edge of a CRP field. He ended up paying my close to $2,000 and was fined by the state, and banned from hunting their any more.
Longrifle,
Man I'm sorry to hear that. That is just the thing I'm talking about. Why on earth would he think he has that right on public land? And a orange vest and a e-collar, too! Obviously a hunting dog. Sounds like the guy got what he deserved.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Long,
Its bad enough to hear of hunters shooting dogs with firearm - a split second decision in a moment of rage that many hunters are probably sorry they did.
BUT - a guy with a bow takes enough time to properly acquire target,draw and aim he has ample time to Think about what he is about to do. I'm glad to hear he paid Big Time not only $$ but hunting privalages. Too bad he didn't get an ole fashion Ass Whoopin. A man never forgets that!