Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

High Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

Old 09-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: High Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

Stone cold,and DR.D.I believe you both make great points.I believe it is a combination of all these things.The one difference between $4 cup of latte,and $4 for a gallon of gas..Is that it won't take 20 gallons of latte to fill you up.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:45 PM

I have a saudi Staying at my house for the year. Do you want me to get him to send a message back to his leader about this? Hes a goverment worker.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:07 AM

Dr. Death,

I do agree with you about the pump situation. But the price of oil on the market is no different than the price of grain or anything else. It goes up and down all day, It is a commodity.

I don't agree with you on the fact that that gasoline is something you have to have. It is not a necessity to live. It is like electricity, though we are all use to it and would hate to lose it, we do not need it to live. It is a luxory that we choose to have.

I do agree about the pump price.....but the pump price has to do with the government and your local store owners. The government stipulates the price per gallon sold in a certain range so no store owner can create a monolpoly. usually about 8 cents per gallon. The problem is that the governement lets the store owners keep the higher price until they have to reorder another shipment of fuel but allow them to increase on a daily basis according to the gasoline suppliers price.

We all pay for luxory and yes it does hurt the pocket book but the fact is we need to start doing what the government has been asking us to do...conserve a little and dont start your car to go next door to your buddies house. Use the fuel for only your most important duties. The only people to blame is ourselves. Since oil was discovered we have moved further away from the simple way of living and started depending on oil for everything.....most don't raise all of their food or hunt for it anymore...we do it because it is a fun past time. Most of us use the car to go buy food at the grocery store which also uses oil to get the produce in from their suppliers which also use oil to get the produce out of the field from the farmers which also use tractors which use oil to produce the products and it is a circle of usage.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

Our governer eliminated taxes off of our gasoline for this month only whichwill drop it15 cents per gallon.He said it was an emergency,and wanted to help the people of Ga.I knew there were taxes on it,but had no idea that they were that much.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:17 AM

Exxon posted $10 BILLION in profits for the QUARTER - it's not the small amount of taxes on gasoline that jack up the price.

http://business.bostonherald.com/businessNews/view.bg?articleid=101320

As for gasoline, electricity, etc not being necessities - society would collapse without them. They're necessities. Most people wouldn't be alive 30 days if they, and the things they provide and the infrastructure they supportwere not available.

We all like to believe we could live on our wits and outdoor abiliites, but for most of us it wouldn't last long once disease set in and supplies ran out. So yes, they're necessities.

Welcome to the 21st century.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hi Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

Gas prices won't affect me that much. If I didn't spend money on gas, I would probably spend it on additional hunting supplies. Besides, even at an extra $.30 per gallon, as a whole it isn't that much extra. Even at three gallons, its still under an extra dollar. AT 30 gallons, its only an extra $7.00. So, no it won't affect how much i hunt.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:29 AM

I've got it good because my stand is 2 miles away, and it has a creek, nice clover, and shady for the deer.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

gas up here in vermont is 3.39$ you guys are lucky in my eyes but im only 16 so i cant drive yet and im kinda lucky i can hunt behind my house cause i live on a farm