Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Producer Looking to Cast for T.V. Pilot

Old 08-11-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Producer Looking to Cast for T.V. Pilot

Hello All,

You'll probably be seeing this posting in most of the forums here, because I dont know that much about hunting, butI wanted to extend an opportunity to all of you hunters. I am a telelvision producer from Los Angeles looking to cast for a T.V. pilot. I'm looking for a veteran huntsman (is that a word?) who knows everything and anything about hunting. Looking for a gruff older type. If interested, please feel free to send in a resume detailing your experienceand possibly a headshot or picture to [email protected]. Hope to hear from you all soon.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Producer Looking to Cast for T.V. Pilot

Looking for a gruff older type.
PLENTY of them here!

I got the guy for ya, he can play sort of a Grizzly Adams kinda guy, just a bit older, a little less mobile. Maybe he can ride an animal of some sort to get around. Got the hair and beard, craftsman skills. He's a real "doin' my own thing" type, couldn't care less what others think. If it's getting it done-good nuf. Course if your intrested in him, you'd have to supply him with pants of some sort, and a crew person to make sure they stay on. And jars of peanut butter, bread, fresh tomatos and peppers.

Oh! .......................... that thing about headshots - well we're more like head cases!
Old 08-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

WELL YOU COULD HIRE ME BUT ONLY IF I COULD PLAY ELVIS ... THANK YOU ..THANK YOU VERY MUCH ;&gt)

DD
Old 08-11-2005, 06:22 PM

With all due respect, I'd like to ask one question. Will you be framing hunting and hunters in a fair and balanced manner? I have yet to see much from Hollywood that has been very favorable or that represents hunting in a true sense.And sorry, but I am much too handsome to fit your description.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are dang sure plenty here who think they know everything sure enough....But..most are younger....Heck, most of us older guys have forgotten
more than they will ever know...
Old 08-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

With all due respect, I'd like to ask one question. Will you be framing hunting and hunters in a fair and balanced manner? I have yet to see much from Hollywood that has been very favorable or that represents hunting in a true sense.
I'm with manuman on this one. Hollywood has a really bad track record forportraying hunters ina less than flattering manner, usually either as stupid, bumblingoafs and/or bloodthirstycrazies thatshoot anything that moves and could care less about sportsmanship, safety, ethics or fair chase. Hollywood also has a hard time distinguishing betweenlawful hunters and poachers (which isn't surprizing since Hollyweird generally has a really hard time with reality in general. One only has to watch one of themany "reality shows" for ample proof of this).

My point is that I doubt that you'll get a genuinehunter and sportsman to volunteer for such a show. Notwithout firstconvincing and guaranteeinghim that youwon't pull a Michael Moore, and use fancy editingtricks andambush tactics to play fast and loose with the truth, so you cancram him into whatever stereotype you want your audience to see.

Besides that, I'm not sure you'd really want a the genuine article. A true hunter and sportsman won't be afraid to post the BS flag when your "creativedirecting" conflicts with reality, and won'twillingly sell his soul fora few bucksand portray himself as anything other than what he is. If this is what you want, then I think you're looking in the wrong place.

Mike

Old 08-11-2005, 09:18 PM

How come it's always a guy for stuff like this?? Heck if it's hollywood and it's going to be rigged why not put a girl in it??
Old 08-12-2005, 03:49 PM

How about a younger gruff person, hell i've spen 10 years in the army, its added a few to the face.....oh man i dont think you want this head shot!!! Is this guy serious
Old 08-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

HA .I'm old and Gruff . But to off the wall for a show. I dont hunt like the norm magazine hunter. I go it crude. I EVEN STILL SMEAR THE BLOOD ON THE FACE AFTER A KILL.. Dont BELIEVE IN ALL THE fancy junk. Whatever I'm not your guy. Now the time I road a deer and stabbed it to death would of been a heck of a piece of film.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:07 PM

Well, this is an interesting exercise in using search engines...

Someone going by the name "bluehenproductions" was looking for studio musicians for a reality TV show back in January. No traces after that.

Looking at "captainbluehen"'s profile, he gives his name as Jeff Bell. There is a Jeff Bell who's a TV producer; he was co-executive producer of the "Angel" TV show. Here's a little story about him signing a "seven figure" contract...http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/television/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000483058

There's a Jeff Bell in the Salt Lake City area: http://www.drugstorezen.com/Jeff.htm(even has a photo!). Mostly an actor, he's done some TVproduction (or so he claims).

There's yetanother Jeff Bell in show biz, who has a voiceover service in the Phoenix area (www.jeffbellvoiceover.com).

The internet movie database, www.imdb.com, has a Jeff Bell who produced a movie (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1332842/).

www.zabasearch.com, which is helpful for people with uncommon names, returned 80 hits for "Jeff Bell" in California--I wasn't about to plow through all that!

Of course, our "captainbluehen" (also the name of a comic book store in Newark, Delaware) may not really be named Jeff Bell.

Maybe our original poster will be a little more forthright with his project and intentions...

Quick Reply: Producer Looking to Cast for T.V. Pilot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.