Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A FRUSTRATED DEER HUNTER

Old 08-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A FRUSTRATED DEER HUNTER

Thank you AJ ..I hope you enjoy it but if you will email me your address Ill get one out to you that you can have framed if you like ... I have sold a good number of them over the years but would be proud to send you one on the house.

DD
Old 08-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

You Got Mail

P.S. Let us know how your Hastings Shot Gun Barrel works out.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not a trophy hunter in the sense that you described, but my heart beats faster the bigger the deer gets. That's human nature. It's also easier for someone from IL to criticize trophy hunters when you actually get to see deer that look like the ones plastered all over the magazines and tv shows. I haven't hunted in AL, but I don't think the mags and tv shows are representative of the deer herd there.

Well said Fill... I think it obvious what we might find asa "trophy" in Alabama would not measure up to the guys up north ... and just so everyone knows if they don't already my frustration ended in a LARGE way with the buck I took in Canada last year that scored in the 180's ...

DD
Old 08-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Could someone plaese help me get this rope from around my neck?

All I was trying to say was that sometimes when we wonder why, we just need to hit reset.

By the way, I printed that poem awhile back and it is taped on the side of my computer tower. There ain't anything else taped up on this desk.

Hey, what's that stabbing pain in my back?
Old 08-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

HEY MATT I WILL LOOSIN THAT NUCE FROM AROUND YOUR NECK BUDDY ...THERES NO RIGHT OR WRONG WAY TO LOOK AT IT ... WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT MOTIVATING FACTORS ... AND NOW THAT I HAVE TOOK MY "DREAM" BUCK MINE HAVE CHANGED ... ALSO IF YOU WILL EMAIL ME YOUR MAILING ADDRESS I WILL SEND YOU A COPY THATS VERY NICE TO FRAME IF YOU LIKE ... YOU CAN EMAIL ME DIRECT AT [email protected] ..

DD
Old 08-11-2005, 03:29 AM

Great poem.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Uncle Matt,
If you feel a rope or anything else my friend. Take a deep breath .....forgive..and move on. Words are powerful. Don't let them mess your day up.
Chuck
Old 08-11-2005, 07:06 AM

DD--I appreciate your poem, and have experience your frustration many times. I like the interfacing that is happening here. Grown men able to communicate and work out misunderstandings, that's always a good thing. Me , being one that lives by my faith and one that also loves to hunt, I understand where you and UM are coming from, especially now that it has been clarified. Hunting does involve sacrifice and I believe is a reflection of the greatest sacrifice ever. It is also something that has been given to us a means to provide food and, before the advent of Levi's, clothing. Yet, I also am convined that an 'enjoyment factor' was added into the mix by the Lord, and that is why we each have so much pleasure involved in every aspect of this lifestyle we call hunting.We have the privilege of taking in, in a very unique way that the antis will never comprehend, all that creation offers us in the way of beauty, adventure,camaraderie, and the thrill of the hunt.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

manuman - well said. UM - I didn't intend for my post to be as harsh as it may of come off. Not knowing that you had previously read DD's poem, I thought your post was an initial reaction to the poem. After further review, I know where you are coming from. No hard feelings!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

IS THIS A GREAT SPORT OR WHAT?

DD

Quick Reply: A FRUSTRATED DEER HUNTER

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.