Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

North American Whitetail TV

Old 08-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: North American Whitetail TV

Wow glad I was sitting down to hear that about Pat. I love that show. It gets recorded on my DVR when I am working. I bust through the door to watch that and Dream Season. They will be sorry to get rid of him.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

You got that right, this mess has the potential to bite them back hard. Pat's got the resources to do it too. This probably was the best thing that could of happened to him , now we get to see his real energy and potential motivated by getting let go by them. Watch out !! Only a matter of time before he get's big.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats to bad Patrick is out the door. I dont know whats funnier, seeing Stan's googly left eye or watching Pat with a bunch of cows around.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

I hate to see anyone lose their job but I don't like Pat Reeves and I don't like his attitude. I always felt like he was kind of standoffish and acted liek he was the BOSS etc. I don't like his demeanor when he is actually hunting either. I like Greg Miller and Potts is OK I would like him better if he didn't get that wild eyed flared nostril thing going. When he drops that and just smiles and and acts like a normal person then I like him. Overall North American Whitetail does a good job and they don't do a lot of advertising while they are hunting which I like. I don't think they need to go in a new direction because I think the direction they are going in is the right direction and at least for me and my opinion getting rid of Pat is going to help them get there quicker.
I TOTALLY agree with the comments made by silentassassin above! This is kinda strange, because I was just thinking about this show the last couple of weeks and how Pat Reeves gets on my nerves on the show and how Stan Potts acts when he shoots a deer. So Ialso believe that getting rid of Reeves will make a better show, dependent on who they replace him with!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:47 PM

I like Greg Miller. He's from this state so thats cool. I like his books. i think he's probably of the better whitetail hunters out of all the big name, mainly because i dont think he has to rely on outfitters to put him over a feeder in texas or hand pick his stands. He really can speed scout an area an hunt it effectively. Pat Reeves? who cares..Stan Potts should be axed. His facial expressions always buck the hell out of me. And Dr. Kroll is about as exciting as a piece of chalk. Give me something by Drury or Realtree Roadtrips any day...

slayer
Old 08-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Typical Buck

Your talking about getting rid of legends of the sport, these guys made it what it is today. Stan Potts, correct me if I'm wrong is in the Bowhunting Hall of Fame right, Dr. Kroll has main streamed food plots and deer managment into american society. While both have flaws we cannot shun them for what they have done to the sport. Stan Potts is an legend, while he is not the best on TV very few have more knowledge than he does about hunting deer. What do you want to watch, someone who read the book on hunting or the person who wrote it? As for DR. Kroll , there is nobody in the world that can compare to him concerning land and deer managment, he also wrote the book on it that others learn from. We still need these people to guide us as we learn, it's about learning to, who better to learn from than these guys. Don't look at the messenger look at the message that these guys are teaching. Sure they are dull on TV, but they are the best at what they do. If they weren't why would they be there. As for Pat having an attitude, try not to judge someone from watchiing him on TV, he's worked his butt off to get where he is. It takes more than 1/2 hour every week to get to know somwone. Yes I'm bitter about it, people critisize(sorry for spelling) without knowing what goes into one of these shows and the time it takes. There are millions of people that would give there left arm to do what he does for a living, please dont steriotype, based on entertainment. We all have our opinions, that's what makes this the best country in the world, this was mine.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:08 AM

I agree lou-lou. I really like all of those guys, and I love Stan Potts. His "wild-eyed, nostril-flaring" just shows his enthusiasm for what he's doing. We're talking about someone who has harvested countless big bucks, four of which scored over 200 B&C and he still gets as excited, as a twelve year old girl at an 'NSync concert, every time he shoots a 130 inch deer. I think he's fun to watch. As far as Dr. Kroll, his part on the show is trying to educate not to entertain. He is a professor not an actor. While you guysmight him boring, if you'll listen to him, you might just learn something. I will miss Pat though. I think it's one of the few good hunting shows on, and I wish they'd leave it like it is.