Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Want to purchase a new Knife

Old 08-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Want to purchase a new Knife

Trailer. They are made in Nova Scotia. A very good knife. I borrowed one a few years ago from a friend and I hated to give it back. I did though. Now I want one. I am going up to Flin Flon then over west in Sept to Fish and maybe hunt. I hope to find one along the way and have been looking for Sporting goods store on the net. We will go through Swan River and The Pass. If I don't find one, I can order it from one of the better Knife sites on the webb. They sell for around 60-80 bucks Canadian. This will be my 26th trip up that old hiway to Flin Flon.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

James, so you’ll set your autopilot on and be on your way. They have some good fishing, that’s for sure. I made that trip quite a few years back. Some real nice country and when I went we had sun light till about 11:00 pm. Have you ever been around the Duck or Porcupine Mountains for some trout fishing? There also is some nice country but the road can be a little rough. You should swing buy at Pine Falls just north of Winnipeg if you have a chance for greenbacks. They should be starting there annual run. Lots of American come up in fall time for those greenbacks. I’m going to take a look for that knife. Just curious to see what it looks like if I can find one in town. I hope you have a safe and fun trip. Good luck in your fishing and hunting.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks. Yes we have camped and Fished in the duck Mountains. My wife and I took our three kids and a newphew up there campimng and fishing for about ten days. I have wanted to fish Greenbacks and those big Catfish near Winnipeg for years. I have the name of a guide up there but have never had things all come together to make the trip. One year a couple bridges washed out north of Swan River and we had to jog over through Hudson Bay then back to 10 again. We go Northwest of Creighton Sask. I could tell a jillion stories just about the trips back and forth. Good Memories of good friends, some now gone, lord willing we will have a few more trips up our sleeve. We have hunted up there quite a few times. Seen a lot of bears and moose. Almost ran over an elk once as well. That road from The Pass to Flin Flon used to be a real rodeo ride.I sweat that they paved right over logs and rocks.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Trailer, SIR carry Grohmann...well at least they use too. I have a Grohmann caper knife that is awesome. No doubt they are of good quality. As I mentioned I prefer no slip handles for my field knives and the Grohmanns I have liked have always been wood and slender for my hand...but to each his own.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Skeeter, I hadn’t realize that. I’ll check it out this weekend to see if S.I.R. still carries them in that new store. That’s if I have the time.

James yeah, the northern roads sure can be brutal on a vehicle and make sure to keep you eyes on the road. I don’t want to have to go and rescue you....
Old 08-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

We broke a traier hitch one time and I thought we were screwed as it was Sunday. We tied the trailer up to the bumper and slowly headed out. Of all things, we hadn't gone a mile when we saw the flash of a welder back in the trees. A construction crew was working on a front end loader. We pulled in and the guy welded up our hitch better than new. He wouldn't take a dime for it but said to bring some fish on our way back. WE DID. We were about 40 miles from Flin Flon yet when it broke. Good people up there.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife’s cousin live in Gillam and when ever they come down, they always blow a tire or something... Yes Sir, Our license plate doesn’t say friendly Manitoba for nothing...
Old 08-09-2005, 06:17 AM
Dominant Buck

GROHMANN KNIVES
Good looking skinningknives James
Old 08-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

The one on the bottom in the picture is the one I used and the one I am looking for. Good kinfe. O ordered a couple cheap Mora knives off the net. I just got them yesterday and they have a really good edge. One is Laminated steel the other is Stainless RCH 61. I read an artical about them and decided to try a couple. They were like 11.00 apiece including shipping. One is called the Craftsmans Knife and the other is the Sl survival knife. Both have 4 1/8 inch blades. I would like to visit the Smokey Mountain Knife place sometime. I know RH has been there.Needless to say I am a knife nut.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Dominant Buck

James, I go to Smoky Mountian knife factory every year in Servierville,TN
and I'm going back in Oct.. I will check them out. I like the up sweep on the
blade for skinning.

Quick Reply: Want to purchase a new Knife

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.