Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Knives

Old 06-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Knives

Charlie. I have several of the Green River knives as well. I keep them in my processing kit. I also have a few Red River knives which I think may be made by Cold Steel. I have a Cold Steel Master Hunter as well

I don't as yet have any Benchmade knives but Fathers day is comming.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

I carry a Beretta fold out w/ a skeleton blade. It's a great little knife. Used to carry a little Gerber that was so light weight that I switched to beretta b/c it seems like it could take a little more punishment.

Also keep a leatherman in my truck as well as another fixed blade or two.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kershw, Ken Onion design Leek pocket knife. Partially sarrated comes in really handy sometimes.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I abuse the Spiderco in bad ways but its tough as nails. I pry with it and use it as a scraper and cutting carboard and such. Great knife.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Got a new Benchmade for fathers day. This is the sharpest knife I have ever seen right from the boy. Also got a new Spiderco Progrip. The family knows that I am a knife nut.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always have at least one blade on me.

Leatherman Wave goes on the belt. (best multi-tool I've ever seen)
For work, I have had a Spyderco Endura in my my pocket for 9 years.
For dress, I replace it with my Bechmade.
I also have a small no-name folder for very descrete carry when swimming, lounging around the house, or if I feel like having a backup in my boot.

If I have any clothes on, there is a knife somewhere on my body.
If I'm out of the house, I'llprobably havea small flashlight too.

-Bulz
Old 06-22-2005, 12:36 PM

I regularly carry a Kershaw Ken Onion "Chive". It is small, very sharp, and very handy.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

My everyday knife is the keychain size Swiss Army. I like them because if I forget to keep it in the truck when I'm at the airport, or other secure area it doesn't cost much to replace. I can't whiddle with it, but it is very handy.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

James B,
I reread the thread starter and am wondering where you are going to put another knife. With all that hardware, the Benchmade may have to hang around your neck on a tether. Of course, I am just kidding. The Benchmades are great and I don't carry anything else on a daily basis. I got in a bind during deer season and didn't have my skinning knives with me after I killed a deer (left them in glove box in my truck). My deer was too big to get out without gutting it (about 265# on the hoof) so had to gut with my Benchmade. It worked like a charm. I still carry my Cold Steel Outdoorsman in my pack, but I know without a doubt that the AFCK will fill the bill in a pinch.
You have a wonderful family to pony up the funds for a Benchmade for Fathers Day. I have to buy all my "toys" myself. Which Benchmade did you get?
Old 06-22-2005, 07:50 PM

i carry a benchmade,folding blade. it has a 2 1/2 in blade and is as sharp as a razor balde.

BH

Quick Reply: Knives

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.