Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Antlers Seized!!!

Old 06-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Antlers Seized!!!

Is this a Law in MA also? If I ever find a deer head with antlers attached im gonna take it DUH! Needing a permit to do so is ridiculous just because some a-holes poach deer. This law is for the minority of a-holes in the wrong its for these other a-holes to steal nice racks. I would jus tell the guy to lose the badge and square off with me when he comes next year for inspection.

Jim
Old 06-05-2005, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: alwyshntn

MooseHorn thanks I am going to run that scenario by him.
Are you crazy! He's going to commit purgery. He will have to say this in court and then people like Moose will blab it all over the net. Stick to the truth, loose the horns if you have too and learn a lesson. If he does follow this advice and gets caught it could cost him a great deal. Wake up! It's just a rack! Does the guy hunt? If he does and gets caught committing prugery, he may never be able to hunt legally again.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Are you crazy! He's going to commit purgery. He will have to say this in court and then people like Moose will blab it all over the net. Stick to the truth, loose the horns if you have too and learn a lesson. If he does follow this advice and gets caught it could cost him a great deal. Wake up! It's just a rack! Does the guy hunt? If he does and gets caught committing prugery, he may never be able to hunt legally again.
***NOTE*** NODOG do not fall into MooseHorns little trap ...this guy is just a trouble maker and LOVES to get your skivies in a knot (check out his last 50 post) ...just ignore him and he will go away ...I had to learn the hard way ... no one in his RIGHT mind would commit prugery and when you read this clowns last 50 post you will see he is not in his right mind.

Doc
Old 06-05-2005, 08:04 AM

ORIGINAL: alwyshntn

In the state of MO any horns attached to the skull must have a permit.
well then, just cut the horns off the skull. problem solved
Old 06-05-2005, 08:08 AM

Don't worry NODog the idea was nice but my friend would never lie about how he got them anyway. He's just not like that and that honesty is what got him in the situation he's in now. Just goes to show that sometimes the honest guy gets caught up while others that are not so honest always seem to skate by.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

***NOTE*** NODOG do not fall into MooseHorns little trap ...this guy is just a trouble maker and LOVES to get your skivies in a knot (check out his last 50 post) ...
No worries

Just took the opportunity to state, with a loud clear voices, that we hold ourselves to the high road when it comes to ethics. Even when wronged. We may not always live by it, but it's our goal. Were human after all, and hate being bit in the a$$ just like anyone else.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

When I was sure the officer was going to take the antlers I would've smashed them.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

NODOG ...WELL said my friend ..WELL said !
Old 06-05-2005, 10:15 AM
bigcountry

You can take him to court. Or the DNR. Put it in small claims as a value of less than 1000 dollars. No lawyer needed and shouldn't cost more than 25 dollars to file. It won't cost much to do it. When they testify that he knew about them before you got them back, and didn't mention the permit, an honest judge will understand that common sense should rule here.

It might not work, but I know I sure would. Especially for those horns.

There is no such thing as letter of the law. Everything, I mean everything is negotionable.

What these peices of crap don't realize is they are supposed to work for us. Work the better good of us, the people. I don't know how they forget that so easy. The power we give them was given by us. And maybe taken away by us one day.

Old 06-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big Country..
I couldn't have said it better myself..
Take him to court and make the officer look stupid...
Those antlers are not locked up in a cage or in a museum (property of the state) but are probaly sitting on his desk..Or mounted on hi wall..
I'd do just to find out what the officer did with them..
If nothing else..

Quick Reply: Antlers Seized!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.