Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Antlers Seized!!!

Old 06-04-2005, 11:27 AM

Default RE: Antlers Seized!!!

ORIGINAL: rick_reno

He got ripped off. I'd write this up and send it to every newspaper and elected official in your state you can find. Be sure to include the name of the guy who stole the horns.

yes, yes and yes. He obviously got ripped off.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:32 AM

We both have contacted the MDC and they assured us that there is no chance of getting them back. They said we would have had to contacted an agent immediately and not disturbed the find and then the agent would have issued a permit right there on the spot. We told them we could still take them to the remains and they said no can do. I wonder if they would have even issued a permit if we would have followed all their procedures. Another funny thing is that my friend collects antlers and has acquired some from locals that don't care about the horns and are attached to the skull plate and the agent sees them in his shed all the time but has not yet ever asked to see a permit for them. I have tried to get my buddy worked up enough to take them to court or something but he is very christian and doesn't want to go that route. ( LUCKY FOR THE MDC)!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: alwyshntn
he is very christian
Then he should have learned a lesson from Hezekiah.There are hunters that hunt for ways to take what you have away. Stop running around like a button buck and learn from the older ones. People just don't need to know about our personal lives, but people just can't shut up.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

WOW were you set up. Hook , line and sinker. Beautiful set of antlers that would bring over 1000 on ebay
Old 06-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

They only seem to enforce that law with big bucks. The law was disigned to keep poachers from claiming they just "found" all the heads hanging on there walls. A farmer in illinois told me he found two huge bucks locked dead on his own land. He took some pic's then called the DNR to get a permit. When the warden seen the racks he told the farmer it was likly someone could of shot the locked bucks and left them to rot. He then confiscated the two locked racks claiming them as poached.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:19 PM

haha wouldnt have happened at my house =) hahaha thats just dirty to do someone like that...DIRTY
Old 06-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only have one question. Was the conservation agent armed when he "STOLE" the head? If not, he would not have made it off my place with it. That may sound extreme, but I have "issues" with corrupt law officers. They ARE NOT ten foot tall and bullet proof.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well the law is the law however I would have to think that the officer would have to consider what the "intent" was in this case. Had he thought there was hanky panky going on and had evidence then I suppose he would be requierd to take the rack ...BUT it sounds like this farmer and officer where aquainted and if thats the case I am sure the officer new this guy pretty well , knew this was an innocent incident and just warned him ..wrote him a perment and went on his way. I think I would contact the sports editor at the local news paper and tell them his story ..also I would try and contact the TV staions in his area and get the story on the news ... He may not ever get these fine horns back but if were me I would get MY moneys worth out of it ...MAN I HATE to hear this ...

Doc
Old 06-04-2005, 09:19 PM

P.S. I HATE COPS
Very well said 99.9% of the time. Cops really need to get over themselves and their "power". I am alright with a cop giving me a speeding ticket, if i am speeding. But a cop pulling some bull$hit move like, taking someones antlers in that manner is flat wrong. I dont care what laws there are, that man should get his antlers back.

If some $hithead tried that with me id be raising hell.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:56 PM

MooseHorn thanks I am going to run that scenario by him. This is a bad deal and is bothering the he11 out of me. I want so bad to see him get those horns back. Get this also... This whole ordeal should have involved a hefty fine but out of the kindness of his heart the officer decided he had learned his lesson.

Quick Reply: Antlers Seized!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.