Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

My daughter has caught "Buck Fever"!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default My daughter has caught "Buck Fever"!!!

Wow, yesterday was opener for Iowa Youth Season and we sighted in the gun instead of hunting,so today was our first day out. We got up at 4 this morning, went to one of my favorite morning spots and seen no deer, only a racoon that came in from a ways off and crawled into my daughters lap trying to get to her food in her backpack but he took off; my daughter said after he left"we made eye contact". It was all on video and was the funniest thing I have ever seen in the woods. Then we took the afternoon off and went fishing at the pond, caught two huge cats and a crappie, then went out to the blind at another one of my favorite spots (all on public ground!!!) and at 6pm I spotted a wide rack come out of the woods into the field, told my daughter he was there to get the gun ready and she called me a liar! After I finally pointed him out and after what seemed like a eternity butshe took the shot at 82 yards with my 1187 12 guage and dropped him in his tracks with a nice quartering away shot (1st deer as well!), all while keeping her composure (me too, YAAAH RIGHT, I was a mess) and all on video. Her and her brother Austin acting as usual teens do, not get along usually, but today let me tell you; I guess it's that good ole outdoors and it's mystical powers to bring people together because they were completely bonding.So we got him home, took pictures (didn't turn out real well so I am going to retake them) and am getting ready to take him to the locker. Here is one pic, will post some better ones when I get them done!

[/align]
[/align]

Here's another pic that we took in the dark outside the processing plant; I will try to get some of the awesome footage I shot imported and capture some frames off of it and display them...

[hr]

[/align]
Old 09-22-2008, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My daughter has caught "Buck Fever"!!!

Wow way to go guys!!! Congrats on an awesome buck!!!!! A raccoon in the lap are you crazy?? Those tings are mean!! Congrats again!!Walt
Old 09-22-2008, 05:58 AM

Congrats!! Sounds like a perfect day. Can't wait to see the pictures. Very cool Jeff!
Dave
Old 09-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's man! That's awesome! Make sure she knows how lucky she is to have killed a buck like that as a "starting" point! My first buck was a Michigan 3-point that had to have scored about 7" B&C....
Old 09-22-2008, 09:09 AM

Congrats to you and your daughter! Also, nice photos especially for being taken after daylight.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks all, she is really excited and it was a long day yesterday so she really felt it today! Todd you are right, i have been hunting for a long time and her first buck is still bigger than my last two bucks and bigger than any buck I have taken at 82 yards with a shotgun!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Jeff,
Congratulations to You and your Daughter on a GREAT first buck on video. I'm sure you were probably more pumped than she was, being the Proud PaPa and all. The raccoon story is crazy too!

I'm surprised Todd didn't say anything....
Nice plug on The WKP sticker in the back window of the truck.......
I'm sure he's smiling...... Great picture.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heck yeh I saw that also!!! You guys don't even know the feeling as when it is your daughter and a DAD!!!! I remember and always will remember my daughters first buck, I thew the blind over our heads and ran to that buck and it was only a 4pt but it might as well had been a 20pointer.You see boys are just suppose to want to hunt but when you are like Jeff and myself and your daughters want to go and then they score it is a whole another feeling!!!! Am I lyeing Jeff it is awesome!!! Na what a sweet first buck!!! You da man!! Walt
Old 09-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got to see it first-hand in Wisconsin when Jeff was there for the DD's team get-together. I gave him props then - we just have to talk him into switching hitch covers! he he he
Old 09-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Walt, you are not lying, it is the most awesome feeling in the world and until you experience it for your self it will remain indescribable.

Toddler, I plan on getting two of the hitch covers as soon as I can scrape together some extra cabbages!!!

Quick Reply: My daughter has caught "Buck Fever"!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.