Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Ok disect this...

Old 08-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Default Ok disect this...

The blue line is the property line. The red line is a creek with the only standing timber. There are several big tracks in the creek bed all the way around. Both sides of the creek are surrounded with 5 yr old cut timber. The light gree stuff is the cut timber and then the open areas are the bean fields. You can also see a finger of woods in the back of the property in the middle of the cut timber, there were several rubs from last yr there. What should be the set up? Im thinking hunt the creek. There are smaller pines about 15 ft high there as well. There are no white oaks that I can find, just red oaks in the tall timber...What do you think??

Old 08-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ok disect this...

Wow you have some sick pinch points along the creek!! I think you are on the right track with the land when the chasing starts that is where I would be.. Walt
Old 08-12-2008, 02:55 PM

The creek is a few miles long, and I will just hunt it in sections and see where the most activity is. What do you see as pinch points Walt??
Old 08-12-2008, 05:56 PM

I would think the deer are foresure using the treeline that runs north and south in the middle of the property or just alittle to the east of the middle of the property I personally would try right were the tree line meets the woods to the south were the light green and dark green starts to come together.The other oneI like is the tree line running east and west to the southwest of the propertythat tree line connects both those large tracs of woods.Like Walt said there are some great pinch points along the creek that I would definitly be in come the rut.Find out where there bedding and play the wind right you could be in the money spot.Looks like some great property.

Aaron
Old 08-12-2008, 06:49 PM

Default RE: Ok disect this...edit

Aaron good advice. The only problem is all that light green stuff is cutover. cut timber in 2003, the whole dang thing is a bedding area. It's acers of this stuff, they can bed anywhere at any time. What do i do with that?? I like my chances somewhere along that creek, especially if it stays dry. There are only pockets of water in it now and they are flocking to them. Let me look at whatt you are talking about and see if I can figure it out. Thanks bud!! Ok, Looked at it. you are right I was thinking that the tree lines are my only option .. the cutover is too thick and there are no trees, it's their bedding. The bean fields are close, but the cutover is between the fields and the trees..so in a sense the deer bed in the cutover and get up and go to the field and may never step foot into the tree lines, or they could come get some water before heading to the field. what you think??
Old 08-13-2008, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Va, That long finger with the creek in the south west and the finger leading out to the beans off the creek right there also. Thatpinch point up in the north east that runs along the west side of the creek looks awesome also but until you get in there and see where they are moving but when that rut hits be in one of the pinch points and they will run all day!! Walt
Old 08-13-2008, 07:07 AM

Great observation Walt! I will be going back to the property this coming week and check the finger of woods and creek that runs east and west between the two fields. Thanks a bunch bro!!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

How long have you hunted this piece?
Old 08-13-2008, 12:18 PM

I have not hunted it yet. Just got this , it's part of the 3,000 acs I obtained in the spring. Just so ya know, where it say 632 on the west side, that's a hard top road. the light green stuff is cut timber and it's thick and short. Todd check your PM box, I sent you one last night, just want make sure of something. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got it - just no time to respond - kinda busy today. Everything is cool man - that's what this forum is for. Talking about anything and everything! I welcome everyone to participate - no questions are "stupid" questions.

WKP has team members that have hunted for 30+ years, and guys who have only gotten serious or been hunting a few years. A wide range of experience levels. I don't want anyone to feel like they aren't being represented, that's why I like having different experience levels. If we didn't have team members who considered a 130" buck a good deer - well, we wouldn't exactly be representing 95% of the hunting community!

Not all of us can be a Mark and Terry Drury, but we all can have as much fun as them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.