Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Ok disect this...

Old 08-13-2008, 01:43 PM

Default RE: Ok disect this...edit

Thanks for the response, I just wanted to make sure bud. I have a lot of new land this year and Im still working on more before the season. God I spend too much $on land!!! I hope it pays off! Lots of property and little time when you have two little boys running around!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

If all that light green area is thick "slashings" as we call them here in MI. Here is an "out of the box" idea for you, and I will preface it by saying it may be too late this year, but you may want to find some natural pinch points as Walt and Aaron have pointed out, and then go in and cut some trails to funnel the deer towards those pinches?? Deer are naturally lazy and will begin to follow these almost immediately, especially if they already may be prone to travel towards those natural pinches??

May be worth a shot.....

Mark
Old 08-13-2008, 02:18 PM

That is a great idea Mark, I will do it next year if not this year!!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want a real out of the box that I have had a friend do with his slashing he has, He went into the middle of it and cut shooting lanes for and then put up a pedistal stand and would not believe the bucks he seen cruising in there and they never even look up becuase they feel so safe in there. I would say it is to late this year but maybe next year!!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:20 PM

I have heard of that Walt, and I think it is too late now but next yr it will a possibilty.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm NO expert.....but if I were going in ther eto hunt this, sight unseen....."I" would hunt the spot where the "W" (WEST) would be in the evenings....and take advantage of it being a smaller field I might could catch them coming ot and maybe not get pinned down all night (evening sits). I wouldn't hunt it in the mornings....as long as there were beans in the fields.

Once the rut kicked in.....that tree line on the East of the property would be my spot.

I hope this makes sense to you Landon....and weigh my repsonse with my experience level.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:14 PM

It makes sense Jeff. I won't huntthere in the mornings until the rut, especially if it has been dry like it has been, those bucks will need to drink after chasing or during cahsing etc... the creek is the only water source for them. Yeh I know the east side is gotta be $$, but what do you think of the tree line that runs between the two fields??
Old 08-13-2008, 08:40 PM

With the way this farm is laid out, would it be best to wait and hunt it in the rut??