Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Just a thought

Old 07-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Spike

Default Just a thought

If you find yourself with an extra cameraman, could you have the extra guy film ONLY the cameraman on a hunt or two? It would be really helpful to help see how you guys set up. I'm not saying you should include it on a DVD, but maybe post it on VEOH or YouTube for reference.

JIM
Old 07-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just a thought

We have a video school (which just took place) that covers this topic in an in-the-field demo. I actually just wrote a field journal on the topic - so check it out - we have some pictures.

Getting two guys into a tree is tough, let-alone three guys. One thing that could work is a second view camera. I usually have this view set-up on me (the hunter) so that we can film a second angle while it's happening and not have to re-shoot stuff. Adding a third or forth view is possible - but jeeze, it's tough. Biggest issue is trees, you never have a good one, or good locations for the other views. It costs big money when you start talking this stuff - and I'm self funding WKP - so it would be expensive.

Will keep trying to keep adding some interesting perspectives as we can figure out how to do them. Got some good ideas for this fall. Starting tonight! he he he...
Old 07-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: reelcrazyfish

If you find yourself with an extra cameraman, could you have the extra guy film ONLY the cameraman on a hunt or two? It would be really helpful to help see how you guys set up. I'm not saying you should include it on a DVD, but maybe post it on VEOH or YouTube for reference.

JIM
Jim must u always think out loud and try to make it harder on us?[:-]
Old 07-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Spike

Well I wasn't suggesting having a second cameraman in the tree (but it would be cool to have a second cameraman in a nearby tree for an extra angle, maybe zoomed in for the kill shot?) just having a cameraman follow the hunter and first cameraman to and from the woods and video the whole setup/take down.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh - I hear you man. Kyle and I have actually made jokes about getting cameramen to follow some of our teams around because that would probably be funnier than anything ever.

At some point in the upcoming years, we'll release a "behind the scenes" video to show some of the stuff that happens and doens't make the video. Storyline is very important, it must flow. So while lot's of ideas are good ideas, we can't just pound a 2 hour video full of everything under the sun. It has to flow, and it has to make sense. Something that I truly believe I will never be happy with regardless of how many years we put under our belt.

One comment about the cameraman thing though. I try to let Kyle do one thing - film. I act as though I'm alone, and do everything as I normally would. So - from that perspective, it does show what happens as it happens. We don't re-shoot anything. It is what it is, I'd rather not have a shot or an interview if it was fake. Believe me, if you knew how some of these shows were produced in the field, you'd laugh. Wonder why you're favorite TV personality always has the right thing to say as they recover that animal? Yeah, it's probably his 12th recovery on-camera, just waiting to look and sound like a hero. Instead, Iscream like a school girl and act like an idiot for everyone to see! I tried to get Kyle toedit some of my "histeria" out of "The Grind" - but he wouldn't have it! he he he...

Old 07-15-2008, 01:37 PM

Keep it real.....thats the deal!!!

Got a name for the next DVD video yet Todd???

Jason
Old 07-16-2008, 08:46 AM

The name of the next DVD is "Shot Through The Heart" soundtrack by Bon Jovi
Old 07-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

DFW, I was thinking something along the lines of Muskrat love song by the double D's of course!!!! Or at least one double D!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

maybe u gents should call the next adventure " keepen it Real " like cudasaid .
Old 07-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had an idea for two years, but am waiting for the right "kind" of season. Anyone who knows what name I'm refering to - "KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!!"....

Quick Reply: Just a thought

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.