Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Opening day sucsess!

Old 04-22-2008, 07:42 PM

Default RE: Opening day sucsess!

Nice job guys.

Aaron
Old 04-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Can't wait to get out with the "Call Master!" Spoiler on Sat.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

Today was opening day for me (work all week), and the weather was terrible! Mikey & I got setup @ about 6:00 a.m. after a very stormy night. Water was standing everywhere & the wind was whipping but we were pumped anyway.We were setup on a property Mikeyhad success on earlier in the week & had seenseveral other good birds.
The mornig started quick with two hens early then came the lull. Two hours went by before our next sighting, two more hens. We talked & decided to sit until 9:30a.m. & if nothing hapened we would try something else. We had one more hen stroll through to nest up @ 9:20 & we decided to move. While tearing down the set the wind picked up & the temps dropped. When we got to the truck we decided to check a field behind Mikey's aunt's house. When we got there we went straight to the back of the field & into the woods. While walking in we had a tom fly over us & land in a small strip of trees along the field edge. We setup quick to try & call him back. I set 20 yards off the field & Mikey walked back 25 yards & started to call behind me. While calling he heard some gobbles behind us & called again, when he did so did they & they were alot closer. Mike then came running back to me & said " Here they come behind us!" I thought he was messing with me at first but soon realized he wasn't. We setup quick & they were on top of us right away. First came a nice tom with a 5" beard & I was ready to shoot him whe Mike said "DON'T shoot the first one". Easy for him to say because he has killed a few birds & I haven't! Next came two jakes, which spooked the first tom or so I thought. When the first tom started to walk back from were he came I heard Mike say " That one is a giant!", then I saw why the 5" tom was going the other way. The boss tom then came in & start to clean house by spurring the two jakes. At this point they are within 40 yards& I tellMike I am going to shoot. He tells me not to shoot & says " I'll call him in real close" which he did. BossTom struted 15 yards from me & I tell Mike I'm ready, he clucks, Boss lifts his head & I have no shot! A branch blocked his head so I moved & he saw that but by then he was already mine! I shot & he dropped, I had my first turkey thanks to "The Callmaster!"
He ended up with a 10.5" beard & 1 1/8" spurs & weighed 22#

Old 04-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

So again Ill ask what Walt asked, did anyone get any of these on film???????

Jay

Old 04-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Pass_Thru

So again Ill ask what Walt asked, did anyone get any of these on film???????

Jay

We did not. We filmed from the tent on the first set but the second happened too fast, and I wasn'tpassing up my first bird just to get it on film. I have drawn a tag for 4 years in a row & held out on small birds, so I just could not pass on the shot GOD gave me!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Negative here. I'm not going to bore you guys the excuses. Regardless I'm having the season of all seasons and it's not over.