Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Just watched The Grind

Old 02-25-2008, 08:46 AM

Default Just watched The Grind

Man, you hombres really ramped it up this year!! Dude, I frickin loved it!! Excellent camera work, great footage.....it had drama, entertainment, lots of action....Showed the ups and downs, side to sides.....No hollywood, just as it is deer hunting.

If you were gonna hold a gun to my head and FORCE me to give some constructive criticism, I would say it bounces around a little too much.....I got a little confused a couple times, trying to figure out who was hunting.....But even that added to the drama, so I'm not sure I would have done it any differently.

BIG KUDOS guys....BIG. Ya'll did a really, really great job on that video. I already look forward to next years.

And Justin......Were those......PINK flecthings I saw?? You make me so proud....
Old 02-25-2008, 09:34 PM

Default RE: Just watched The Grind

I have watched the movie 3 times in 2days and i still love every min. of it GREAT MOVIE!!! LOVE IT
Old 02-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

Man, you hombres really ramped it up this year!! Dude, I frickin loved it!! Excellent camera work, great footage.....it had drama, entertainment, lots of action....Showed the ups and downs, side to sides.....No hollywood, just as it is deer hunting.

If you were gonna hold a gun to my head and FORCE me to give some constructive criticism, I would say it bounces around a little too much.....I got a little confused a couple times, trying to figure out who was hunting.....But even that added to the drama, so I'm not sure I would have done it any differently.

BIG KUDOS guys....BIG. Ya'll did a really, really great job on that video. I already look forward to next years.

And Justin......Were those......PINK flecthings I saw?? You make me so proud....
Pretty much what mobow said about the choppy feeling in the beginning is my main complaint. Jumping around from bowhunting to shed hunting to bucks in the beans to fawns hiding in the weeds.

And Todd, I know you're not a big fan, but get yourself some scentlock or at least spray down with a scent eliminator. You get busted way too often by those deer. YOU SWEAT TOO DANG MUCH!!!

On the positive side, your camera work definately seems to have improved from last year. Looks much more professional by most of the crew. I like the velvet footage, specially when you find the buck in hunting season.

I really like the fact that you don't do any fancy cut aways, edits and all that Hollywood stuff. Over the shoulder shots is where it's at in my book.

PS It would have been a much better video had passunder connected on that monster buck.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Ditto to the last sentance in the above post!!!!! That dang Jason guy needs to learn to shoot.

Jay
Old 02-26-2008, 08:18 PM

Just ordered The Grind and a WKP short sleeve T. Can't wait to see what all the hype is about!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:10 PM

Jay, I saw the pics and walt told me the stories but dude after seeing the video..I actually felt my own stomach turn when the shot went low, and I knew it was coming...Don't worry, good things come to those who wait..

ORIGINAL: Pass_Thru

Ditto to the last sentance in the above post!!!!! That dang Jason guy needs to learn to shoot.

Jay
Old 02-28-2008, 11:27 AM

Guys, my hats off to you. I purchase quite a few videos every year and most I would clasify as "pro" video teams that produce a great product......The Grind beats them all.

I never really realized until the end, but not once did I fast forward through one spot on the video, watched it strait through late into the night....the others I purchase, even though I do like the videos, I find myself hitting the fast forward button a few times.

Todd, whatever or however you compensate your editor/camerman, it isn't a enough. You drag him all over the midwest walking miles into stands just so you can drop your limb trimmer on his head.This guy knows how to put a video together.

Your mix of the high and lows with a little humor thrown in is a great mix. Really like the tree stand shots from the ground seeing through the eyes of the deer. Cool.

Jay's shot and miss was priceless....still feeling for the guy, and that Dallas fellow is a blast. Would love to share a deer camp with him. Great sense of humor.....shows his true emotion when passing on the shot vs filming the stud.

All in all I loved the video, now let's get together and make a bear hunting video.....the WKP crew would be a blastgoing to abear camp in Canada!

Old 02-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Hodag Hunter

and that Dallas fellow is a blast. Would love to share a deer camp with him. Great sense of humor.....shows his true emotion when passing on the shot vs filming the stud.
I agree...some people say more cowbell, I say more DFW!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pass_Thru

Jay
That's funny.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks so much for the feedback guys! We are truly just trying to show our seasons as realistically as possible. As we continue to make these videos we are learning more and more everyday. It is our goal to continue to improve with every video - and feedback from you guys and practice is how!

Thanks very much for the support - we'll keep making them if you keep buying them!

WKP-Todd

Quick Reply: Just watched The Grind

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.