Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

camera equipment

Old 02-17-2008, 09:13 PM

Default RE: camera equipment

There is only one guy that I know of, and he films for Todd alot.
Ever notice his footage is flawless and he is also one hell of a editor. I will take any advice he offers. Nice job LB
nevs
Old 02-18-2008, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess it dosen't hurt that he was selected out 2000 people across the nation to go to Hollywood and film a movie either!! I trust what he has to say!!! Go LB!!!! Walt
Old 02-18-2008, 07:51 AM

No matter who teaches the class, sometimes it's just fun for a bunch
of individuals who all have a love of the outdoors, to get together and have
great conversations and give some personal testimony. Whether it be
a hunting or fishing story or whatever.

Ed
Old 02-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Spike

So for the class is it a must that we have something like this video setup that you are talking about above. I myself I'm starting out cheap with a PanasonicHD 50X Optical Camcorder. I thought it would be decent for starters. I'm definitely interested in the class so keep me posted Todd.

Jess
Old 02-18-2008, 12:41 PM

My first camera was a GL-2 and it works just fine, I have never had any problems with it. You don't need to spend big bucks on a camera and the equipment if you don't want to. All it takes is practice with the equipment that you have and it can turn out fine depending on what you want your results to be. Thats my word yo!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be teaching the class - Kyle isn't into public speaking too much. He will be there to assist me in the technical stuff.

No-one is forcing anyone to come to the class. I've been to several other class's that were supposed to be run by "experts" and walked away feeling like it was an absolute waste of my time.

While the class will cover camera set-up and operations - the real point behind the class is to teach hunters how to film the story of their hunt - the entire story. If anyone else is currently doing a better job of this in the hunting industry today - I'd like to know who????

We will teach far more on the technique and style side of things compared to anything. This is what is lacking in every camera person I've ever worked with.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Spike

no offense intended, I too have heard of many disapointed guys going to camera classes and spending their hard earned money to have sunshine blown up thier ars or watch everyone party more than learn. Unless you are a staple in the industry and have proven yourself overtime and lasted, many come and go nowadays, you shouldnt be telling others how it should be done IMO. If you guys want to teach your "technique and style" thats cool, your supposed to be confident in what you do, I just feel 2 yrs hasnt proven your longevity. Than I just question if your looking to make a buck, nothing wrong with that either.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:19 PM

Have you seen the new DVD "The Grind" yet?
Old 02-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Spike

I watched "beyond the Kill" last year and didnt see a reason to purchase "The Grind" this year, if its as great as you say Im bound to see it at somewhere.I commented on the first video last year and had my post deleted, noticed a post on another sight a little whil ago andsaw some similar comments.I watched some of the footage at the Lansing show and noticed some focus issues, zooming in and out and wided out most of the time, but it was just a couple min. so I wont judge the whole thing on that, it may be your technique or style I dont know,but the comment above about flawless footage is a tad off. No doubt you guys will continue to get better every year, thats kind of the point but to proclaim yourselves pros or experts may be a little premature you think. I am by no means a pro or an expert this is just what I see. I actually thought the Slunger Hollow footage was very good, but didnt buy their video either.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

scoonie.. i don't think it really matters if you have a prosumer camera or a consumer camera for the class, if he is wanting to teach style and technique.

dallas ft worth.. i have seen the grind and i must tell you that guy named dan is one ugly dude!

I'll try to make it out there.. It'll def. be a good time for all who attend..

Stan

Quick Reply: camera equipment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.