Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

On the board in Iowa - Shredder Jr. - Unbelievable!

Old 01-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default On the board in Iowa - Shredder Jr. - Unbelievable!

Dallas and I were out shed hunting yesterday afternoon - when I finally put myself on the board here in Iowa. I walked up to the antler and stood looking at it until I could get Dan over to film the "first of the year" shed moment. I'm staring at this beautiful young antler - and it suddenly occurs to me - "Dude - that's a mini version of the Iowa Tree Shredder". Only being about a mile from the location of his death on November 15th 2005 - I couldn't wait to get home to compare the shed antler to the "Tree Shredder" on my wall.

Here is a picture of the tree shredder after I killed him back in 2005. At the time he dressed over 245 lbs. and was probably a 6-1/2 or 7-1/8 year old deer. He is to this date the largest bodied whitetail I've ever seen.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: On the board in Iowa - Shredder Jr. - Unbelievable!

Here is a picture of the shed antler that I found yesterday afternoon. I'm guessing it's a 2-1/2 year old deer - which would have meant that this buck would have been concieved the fall I killed his daddy.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Once I put the shed up to the rack of the "Shredder" - I couldn't believe my eyes - my god, it's his son!

Old 01-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

DUDE!
That thing is going to be a stud! Way To Go!!!!

Leave some for me when I come down there!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't believe my eyes. All the charactoristics of the shredder - in a mini version! The mass, the height, the sweep, and the palmation (can't see from the picture) of the main beam all match almost perfectly. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the son of the Iowa Tree Shredder!

To believe the story of a buck that I killed two years ago would be surfacing again is just plain unreal! To this date, the Tree Shredder has a special place in my heart because of all the work I put into him. To start my 2008 shed season off by finding this antler is nothing short of a dream come true!

Dallas rolled film as I picked up the shed and talked about the Shredder. Just plain crazy son!

Old 01-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Those are definatly from the same gene pool. Awesome find & congrats. It will be cool to see him in a few years.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is amazingly similiar. I've seen many deer sheds that have definite relations to one another.. but that one is by far the neatest I've ever seen.

It is a biological fact that whitetails actually recieve more of their antler making DNA from their mothers.. not much more.. but like 60-40 in favor of mom. Micro-chondrial DNA.. or something like that. So it is most likely a specific doe family group that is producing those results. Very cool stuff.

Sorry gents.. I'm a friggin' nerd..

Nice find Todd..
Old 01-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

That actually is very amazing and one I'm glad I got to see. Thanks Todd.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy cow Minnie when you called me I thought ok it's just Todd getting excited again ,but man that is almost a perfect match. That is intresting about the doebeing the main gene to the antlers I have never heard that one before... Walt
Old 01-30-2008, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Holy cow Minnie when you called me I thought ok it's just Todd getting excited again ,but man that is almost a perfect match. That is intresting about the doebeing the main gene to the antlers I have never heard that one before... Walt
It's like baldness in men ( no offense) They say it comes from your mothers side of the gene pool.

Quick Reply: On the board in Iowa - Shredder Jr. - Unbelievable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.