Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Lost a good friend today!

Old 10-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Lost a good friend today!

It's a very bad day for me today. I lost a good friend, and hunting buddy today.
I know none of you heard of him, or know him. But if you could find it in your heart to say a prayer for his soul and for his Family, it would be GREATLY appreciated. His name is Billy Wahl, he was 40 yrs old, and he was handicapped. He had little or no use of his right arm, due to a construction accident he had when he was 20 yrs old. He had fallen from a 2nd story structure and landed on his head and shoulder. He had paralysis on the right side of his body. But as he went through rehab and the pains to overcome his handicap. He turned to bowhunting as his release from the hardships of his handicap. He had a guy at the local archery shop devise a leather strap he fastened to his bowstring at the nocking point and he would use his teeth to pull hisstring back and withhis one good arm, he would push, in order to get to full draw. He was incredibly accurate with a bow this way. He was also featured in BuckMaster magazine one year with a 140" 8 point he shot in upstate New York. He absolutely loved to bowhunt.
[/align]We had planned for me to come down to Rushville Illinois this year to video tape him get a kill on video. I guess that will never happen now. I sure am going to miss him. He was truly an inspiration for me.
[/align]
[/align]He was living in Springfield Il. and over the past 3 months had been having problems with people breaking into his apartment stealing things from him. His Father called me yesterday and told me Billy was in intensive care and from what the police told him, itsounded like someone had attacked him in his apartment, and had beat him over the head . I'm grieving, but if there was ever a time to commit a revenge act. Now is the time. I can't believe these f-ing scumbags can attack a handicapped person who wouldn't ever hurt anyone. Yeah, you hear of it all the time,but when it happens to someone you care about. It really hits home. I hope they burn in hell.
[/align]I'm sorry I had to bring this up on this forum. I'm SAD,hurting and really ANGRY. This is just so surreal to me.
[/align] I think it's time I take up another kind of hunting.
[/align][/align]
Old 10-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lost a good friend today!

Kevin, My prayers are with his family. Sorry to hear of it man.

Jay
Old 10-18-2007, 07:32 PM

Kevin
I will be praying for your friend
Nic
Old 10-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry man...Prayers for his family!
Old 10-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Spike

Hey Kevin, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and him and all of his family. I understand your anger, it's hard to imagine something like this happening. They will get theirs when it comes time to meet their maker.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

ahhh man I feel for you i am a strong christian and i will be praying for you and his family bless you and his family God is always watching over you no matter what God loves you and he loves billy John 3:16 says that "For God sent his only begotten son so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life".. in other words God wants you to dwell in heaven with him for eternity God cares for you If any of ya'll need Jesus in your heart ask him in to your heart so that he might enter in and dwell in you so that you can go to heaven Jesus loves you that he died on the cross for our sins............reply me or send me a email thingy but remember Jesus loves you!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:31 PM

Kevan sorry to hear about your buddy i will keep his family & freinds in my prayers.that really sucks
that some people have to be like that.They will have there time to.I truly beleive that.WHAT COMES
AROUND GOES AROUND.[:@]

Aaron
Old 10-19-2007, 08:53 PM

I saw that episode, and remember thinking what a remarkable human being he must be, to have that fortitude.....to say "I'm doing this, and I don't care what disability I have!"

I remember having a lot of respect for him, because I know many a folk, who are perfectly healthy, that give up on everything. What courage that must have taken, to take up a sport like archery of all things. If I'm not mistaken, he was also featured in a magazine, though I cannot remember which one...

I can't even imagine what you're going through. I would say it's ok to be angry, and what cowards those people are! I'm just so sorry, and prayers are sent.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Typical Buck

Prayers sent..
Old 10-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow Kevin I don't even know what to say, My prayers go out to the family and to you brother!!! Hang in there I am a firm believer in what goes around will come around to those scumb bag worm eatinCOWARDS who I would love and I put out an invitation to come to my home and try to beat me with two good hands and GLOCK 40 waiting and try an hit me over the head!! WALT

Quick Reply: Lost a good friend today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.