Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

On-Stand w/ White Knuckle Productions - Todd & Kyle

Old 10-07-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default On-Stand w/ White Knuckle Productions - Todd & Kyle

Well, for anyone who has been out hunting lately - you know the conditions have been anything from good. It's been warm, hot, whatever you want to call it. Deer movement has nearly seized to exist, and we're still hunting everyday - regardless.

After running and gunning set's the last several nights over waterholes, I bet I've lost over 5 pounds in as many days. Last night when Kyle was filming me setting our stands, I was litterally dripping sweat down on Kyle who was trying to capture the shot from below. I've been bringing a sweat rag out with me so I can wipe the sweat off after I get done setting up. Scent elimination / reduction??? Yeah right, those guys must not hunt like we hunt! he he he...

With the weather being so warm and with movement being brought to a stand-still, we have had MANY idle hours on-stand to try to stay entertained, or just not fall asleep (which LB isn't very good at doing - the kid could fall asleep on a free-fall). With nothing else to do, I've been taking the time to start a photo diary of our season. Enjoy...

Old 10-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: On-Stand w/ White Knuckle Productions - Todd & Kyle

Behind the camera of all my hunts is Kyle L. Reenders. Anyone who can put up with me for the amount of hours that Kyle does deserves some credit. On-top of that, Kyle is a crazy-awesome cameraman. Wait until you see some of the cool shots we've already taken!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the run & gun set's of the week. I actually rattled a doe and fawn into range at last light out of this set-up. We were sticking out like a catterpillar on a bean-stalk, but got away with it. We could have pounded either of the deer that walked within 15 yards of this set-up!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yet another run & gun set-up over a water-hole. With the temperatures reaching 90 degree's, I had hopes of catching a monster getting a drink. We saw two raccoons and a doe and fawn in two sits.... Yeah - that's how it can go sometimes regardless of where you hunt! We did have a SWEET set-up though. My favorite this year. If a buck would have showed, it would have made for some incredible up-close action - just how we like it!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another shot of the waterhole. We watched a variety of wildlife around the water-source, just no deer!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

When not seeing deer - I tend to get a little goofy on-stand. You can only talk about what is for supper so many times you know! he he he....

Old 10-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kyle at his finest. I wonder why we never see any deer out the back-side of our stand! he he he....

Old 10-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sunrise on-stand with WKP...

Old 10-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

Hey MAN !
You're stealing my invisable finger gun shot I used on a small 8 pt that came by me and Dan Johnson this week. I'm working on the story, and will have it up by tomorrow, once I take a couple snap shots from the video footage I shot of Dan in the tree with his camera!
I have to say Todd, you sent the right guy up here to Illinois to film me. Dan Johnson...(A.K.A. Dallas Fortworth) Great guy! Pretty freakin funny too! I think he looked a little fatter by the time he left. I think he liked my girlfriends cooking. LOL! Thanks alot for sending him up here, It's too bad the weather didn't cooperate and was so darn hot. Like you said, the deer just weren't moving. But we tried! Looks like you and Kyle have a great set up by the waterhole. That should produce with the heat and all. Take care Buddy, maybe I'll have a giant walk by my stand in the next couple of weeks. I could only be so lucky. I'll be calling you soon!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

We had Chinese food one night this week and this was the fortune that I got in my cookie. It was so perfect for what our mind-set is going into this season that I figured I would mount it on my bow just so I wouldn't forget the object of season 2007. Go big - or go home! In the first 7 days of the season - we've gone home! he he he...

With the season off the races and a cold front in-sight, I'm more pumped than ever - and Kyle and I will simply not stop until the mission is accomplished. Last night we went into a new area where a big-one has been spotted several times and once again, Kyle and I walked into a situation that I have come to live for. Shredded trees, big tracks, falling acorns, o-my! I'll put it this way, I was shaking so bad just walking through the timber that I thought I was going to die. We burned nearly an hour of footage just walking in and setting up. The saga of the Iowa Tree Shredder continues - and something gives me the feeling this dog is bigger than any shredder that has come before him! God I love deer hunting - God bless america! Wait - that's what my bow says too! he he he...

Quick Reply: On-Stand w/ White Knuckle Productions - Todd & Kyle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.