Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

NEED HELP-elk hunting MT district 700--fort peck-CMR--invitation?

Old 10-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEED HELP-elk hunting MT district 700--fort peck-CMR--invitation?

sorry Nemont--I don't know what happened.--plus I've been gone for a week and haven't had computer access, but I just sent you a private message--thanks again--Chad
Old 10-12-2004, 11:29 PM

Hillbilly hey i am a Hillbilly also from southwest va. I am going to the area across the lake in region 6 mule deer hunting. This is my third trip there. I have been trying to draw a tag in the CMR area for elk. I have not been in the 700 area but I have seen several nice bulls in the region 6 area on the refuge and I expect them to be similar I would really hold out for a very nice bull in the area. As someone else said watch out for the gumbo and wet weather the roads become almost undriveable. I have a general deer tag and general elk tag I am still trying to locate some good hunting for elk I am looking at area 311 I will be there on Oct. 21 and leave Oct. 30th. If you are looking at hiring a guide I know a good one that has worked the CMR for almost 20 years just let me know!
Old 11-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

HI Hillbilly

1ST all that should been my name :}. I hunt right west of 700 every year.Its little late but some of the post hit it right on the butten USE YOU SPOTING SCOPE. Go to the west border along the mussleshell. You will be at home in the willows.If you did not get to kill a bull give me an email after seasion {dont eat the tag} there is a few dif places you can still HUNT.I live in HELENA I have been here 6 years and have done Quiet well 6 ELK going top be 7 EXTRA tag this year. I hunt with 2 dif guys you would be totaly welcome to hunt with us.

Hunt hard
Live long charles [email protected]
Old 11-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

howdy elkinmtcwb,
sorry that I have not checked this forum (west) lately. i sure would like to talk to you--any help w/elk I can get--I'll take--I'm not afraid to admit that its different then whitetails back east but I sure do love it. I'll email you
chad (hb)
Old 11-30-2004, 01:56 PM

hillbilly,

so how did your hunt go arround fort peck? let us know, did you see many elk/deer?

Hyde
Old 11-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry boys,
mainly I've been communicating on the big game forum--I saw a good many elk including a group of 3 mature bulls--I went over there 3 times about 4-5 days each--killed my first antelope and mule deer bucks as new western transplant hunter--I'll post pics around the holidays. got lots of good info and have made some good friends here on this website. thanks so much
hb

there are much longer posts detailing each hunt on the other forum
thanks again
hb