Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Wyoming hunting?

Old 06-03-2004, 10:08 PM

Default Wyoming hunting?

I will be moving to Cheyenne later this fall and am wondering how the hunting in Wyoming is. I only know what I see on tv and that is all through outfitters. Is there alot of huntable public land? Is everything on a lottery? How is the hunting near Cheyenne, or do you have to travel aways to get into hunting? Any help would be great.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wyoming hunting?

Lots of good goat hunting right outside of Cheyenne. I've only deer hunted though a bit west of there towards Laramie, I've seen lots of elk there too. Fishing is great, I can tell you that also.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:23 PM

lot of lottery drawings for tags, but if you get it, you have no problem filling it on public land if you want to. TONS of public land.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:01 PM

Wyoming has some of the best hunting in the states. Public land is everywhere here, and you can hunt elk, whitetail deer, mule deer, turkey, ducks, geese, sage grouse, blue grouse, ruffed grouse, sharp-tailed grouse, ringneck pheasants, rabbits, hares, snipe, rail, pronghorn antelope, and i cant think of the other stuff right now. The fishing is awesome too. The national forests and blm land offer great hunting and fishing, and there is a "walk in" program where you can access private land. Many farmers will give you permission if you ask too. If you are a resident, you can purchase over the counter lliscenses for big game and hunt in general areas (for big game). You dont need to draw for small game/bird liscenses. Also, coyotes are everywhere, there are mountain lions, and you can also shoot black bears. Welcome to Wyoming, and good luck hunting next year!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]