Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Old 08-12-2003, 10:04 PM

Default What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Rocky Mountain Outdoor Adventures is looking for television show idea' s, if you have some idea' s besides the typical Billy Bob private games hunts, and or fishing on private lakes, I would like to hear what you have to say!

No idea is to small, examples, handgun hunting for big game, how to find a game trail, Has there been a show, and you have thought, why don' t they show this, or do that?

This show will appear nationally next year and we are putting show segments together for the 3 and 4 quarter, so if you have hunting, fishing, camping, ATV idea' s, or even break it down even more..reloading, bow hunting tech, any idea, will be looked at by our production staff, e-mail those idea' s to:

[email protected]
Old 08-13-2003, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Stay away from the damn whitetail hunting, there is way to much of that on the outdoor channel, and turkey hunting. Id like to see more Elk, Mulie, antelope and maybe moose hunting. there isnt enough of those hunts on tv anymore, just whitetail and turkeys. and when somebody shoots an animal, tell what caliber and bullett they are using and yardage of shot, its interesting to see what people are shooting on there big game hunts. Just my .02
Old 08-13-2003, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ll second what kirkl said, no whitetails! Also, please go into details about more of the hunting details, where you are, time of day, conditions, moon, rifle, caliber, bullet, etc. I would really like to get a synapsis of where the bullet hit, what kind of bullet, what damage it did, the animals reaction to the shot and how far it ran, etc.

For most of us that don' t have a chance to shoot more that 1 deer per year (Wa. state) and even then only get one 10% of the years (hunter average for this state) it would be very helpfull to get more of those kind of details including distance shot, wind, elevation, and how well the shooter hit where they were aiming. Also, if a range finder was used and the distance shot, if the game was moving or still, etc.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:16 AM

I' m new to this forum but I have to say here, here to the no whitetails. I would like to see more hunting like we experience here in the western U.S. Mulie, Blacktail, Antelope and having to work for it instead of sitting and waiting for Mr. Bigrack to come meandering by.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:23 PM

Doesn' t matter as long as it does not invlove having to endure some bozo shilling the latest piece of crap designed to make lazy hunters think that its' a substitute for a strong mind and body and well developed skills.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would like to learn more about varmit, and preditor hunting. Here in the state of washington....they voted out hound hunting. I' d like to see how other succesfull varmit, and preditor hunter' s do it...other than that....put me on the poll for " No more Whitetail, Turkey hunt' s"
Old 08-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Having started hunting bears this year in Washinton (like WAYNE1 said - no dogs or bait) I' d like to see a bear hunt where they either spot and stalk black bears or call them in w/ predator calls.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

I too am a little tired of the same old setup in the stand and Oh, there' s a trophy, Boom!! type shows. I like hunting whitetails and turkeys but I really want to see some western hunting shows that talk about how to hunt them and show you as well. How to use the terrain, what gear to bring on those hunts, and other tips that newcomers and veterans alike might not think of.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE FOOTAGE OF ARCHERY HUNTS FOR MOOSE AND BLACK BEARS WE HAVE VIDEOED IN THE PAST 5-6 YEARS. [8D][>:][] IF NOT MY FOOTAGE THEN BOWHUNTING FOOTAGE OF SHEEP AND MTN. GOAT HUNTS.