Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Okanagan County turkey hunters beware...

Old 03-20-2003, 01:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Okanagan County turkey hunters beware...

I hope I didn' t come across like I had something against beginners. They are what the sport depends on, and I' ll help introduce anybody to the sport that expresses an interest. I wish I had somebody to show me the ropes when I started out. I knew several good turkey hunters when I started, my brother being one of them, but nobody offered to take me out and show me how to do it. To this day I' ve only turkey hunted with my brother once. To me the magazines should be about finding birds, and what to do when you find them, not screwing everybody' s spots up by publishing their locations. I guess they put out whatever sells articles.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was watching " Do It Yourself Hunter" on the outdoor channel the other night and they had a hunt in Nebraska for deer that almost made me cry since they gave the exact area that Iv' e been hunting for the last 5 years. I really like that show since it' s not the Guided hunts that most shows are, but now I' m pissed
Old 03-23-2003, 08:01 PM

went to the okanogan this weekend and saw alot of turkeys... but i will never say where i found them... if yo wanna know kirkl or slee or wayne.. email. me and i will tell you
Old 03-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank' s for the offer invector10ga....only time I' d need to know about other flock' s is if I' m going for a slam. I do lot' s of scouting in my own area......love trying to locate them myself in new area' s. I remember when folk' s around here said they' d never been huckleberry picking, but did' nt know where to go...or even know what they looked like.......Oh yeah.....softy me took em all out to my spot' s.....now I have to fine new area' s for myself, cus now by the time I get to the patche' s......their all picked out..[:@].....But again....Thank You Very Much for the offer...
Old 03-23-2003, 11:46 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the offer, but I hope I' ve got my spots picked out. I' ve got my Eastern spot, if I can beat the crowds in there. I' ve been to my Merriam' s spot twice now, and have a good understanding of how the birds are using it. If I get to needing a Rio spot, I' ve got the number of the habitat biologist out of Davenport. I hope I have to call him because that' ll mean I' m working on completing the slam.[:-]
Old 04-11-2003, 11:15 PM

You guys are all making good points,But the" Liar & Bullsh*tter" as I like to call it gives these lazy" gun and bow" toters like slee call' em no need to do their homework. I mean they give out GPS, what rootwad to hide behind,and how many yelps on the call you need in order for the Tom to show.I think they take it a little far, yet the keep selling magazines.I noticed my Turkey hole wasn' t listed,which is one reason I read it,to see were everyone else is going.And to pray my spot ain' t on there.5 years ago where I elk hunt there were 5 guys on that trail in 9 days.The next year after they wrote about it, I passed 35 guys before day light, opening morning going up the same trail.About enough to depress anyone,although I was still the only one to shoot that morning.Still i ended up with Tag soup
Old 04-17-2003, 07:26 PM

I' m glad to hear that there are others that feel the way I do. Heck, I was starting to think that the road hunters were only in my areas. Better yet, I' ve had them come into my setup, try & sneek their sorry *$$ in on the edge when I was working birds to try & get a shot. I stood up & yelled what in the %^*$ do you think you' re doing? I was happy that the birds took off the way they did.....away from him. I told that jerk that being an idiot wasn' t an excuse & that stupidity is painful at times.

Have a great one this WE!
Old 05-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-01-2003, 11:41 PM

wahuntinman, How is the season going in the Okanagon? Just drove through there and man if that ain' t Turkey country I don' t know what is? I' ve poked around up that way got a couple of spots but sounds like the last couple years the amount of birds is really starting to increase. Good hunting to u
Old 05-02-2003, 09:47 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Okanagan County turkey hunters beware...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.