Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Moving to Montana...info needed???

Old 10-27-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Moving to Montana...info needed???

I am in the AF and am moving to Great Falls. I want to hunt elk, mule deer, and antelop to start with. Is that area good? Is it close to other good areas? Would anyone be willing to tell me any good regions or districts to look at for all the species. I also want to get prepared for the area. What camo is best? Mossy oak brush, advantage max-1, etc? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Moving to Montana...info needed???

Great Falls is close to all of those species. I don't know the residency requirement or rules for Active Duty Military so I cannot tell which districts.

Camo, who need any stinking camo, unless of course you are a bowhunter. You must wear 400 inches of hunters orange if you are a rifle hunter.

This is a very good local Montana company that makes camo designed for Montana. http://www.ghostcamo.com/ I can attest to the Prairie Ghost and Snow Ghost patterns as being very very good.

Also Great Falls is top notch for waterfowl and close to great upland as well.

Nemont