Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Boise area hunters

Old 08-17-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Boise area hunters

Whos from the Boise area, I am moving back and cant wait until the spring bear hunt, I was a rifle hunter before. I read that you have to take a bowhunting/archery class. Does anyone have any input on this class?
Old 08-25-2007, 09:16 AM

Default RE: Boise area hunters

Not sure what kind of input your looking for. I live here in Idaho Falls, Idaho, about 4 hrs east of Boise. I have also been an avid rifle hunter here for years, but decided to get into bowhunting for many reasons. You do have to take a Bowhunter education class if you have not previously ever purchased a bowhunter permit. I took it a few months ago. You can take the online course, then you have a field day that you have to go through. The class was actually quite good. If your an experienced hunter, just not with a bow, most of the information put out is not new, but always good to go through every once in awhile anyway. Just pm me if you have any further questions. The Idaho Fish & Game site has all the information and the specifics you need. It sometimes takes a little lead time though to get into one of the classes.