Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

N. Cal Newb hunter looking for help......

Old 12-03-2006, 12:06 AM

Default N. Cal Newb hunter looking for help......

Hi Folks;
I just joined the forum. I am middle aged and live in central Ca. I am looking for someone to help me out as a beginning hunter. I would like to start with small game with a shotgun or 22 rifle. I would like to work up to deer hunting. I would like to meet some people who could help me get started. I would like to learn where there are public lands I can hunt, how to field dress, quarter, etc....
I am no novice to handling firearms. Been doing it most of my life. Heck, the last 10 years I have carried one at work almost every day.
My only disadvantage (if you can call it that) is that I am off work on monday and tuesday. Most people are off on the weekends. Mon-Tue are the only days I could hunt.
By the way, this is not a B.S post. I am not an ANTI in disguise, or some freak wierdo chester-the-molester type. I am a normal guy who works a dangerous job and would like to go out and do some hunting with some other normal workin' stiff kinda folks.
G.W
Old 12-03-2006, 06:43 AM

Default RE: N. Cal Newb hunter looking for help......

if u ever get to northen nevada well take u chukar hunting
Old 12-03-2006, 11:26 PM
usa
Fork Horn

Default RE: N. Cal Newb hunter looking for help......

Project, I'm probably to far south to do you any good, have you had a previous hunting license ? if not a hunter saftey class will start you off with the right crowd, anyhow if you get into my area (San Diego ) we can chase whatevers in season, Bill [email protected]