Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

colorado hunting lic....

Old 09-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default colorado hunting lic....

i am goin to colorado hunting and i am curious on what i would get with a mule deer lic. is it only for one deer or a buck and a doe... a lil help would be great
Old 10-05-2006, 03:06 PM

Default RE: colorado hunting lic....

DJBAD,

From the CO DOW Website:
"...You can have two licenses depending on the circumstances. These second licenses are known as "b" licenses. For specifics on holding two licenses your best bet is to check the 2006 Big Game Hunting Brochure."

...Other than buying a bull elk license over the counter for thesecond or third seasons the only way to procure a deer or elk licenses right now is to buy a leftover from last springs computer draw. There are many deer and elk licenses on the leftover list. The limited license list is updated daily."

- http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/BigGame/

Old 10-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

well before they got the new software change i posted that i got VERY LUCKY and got me a left over tag for the area i was looking for although it is a private property tag only which is fine for me so i will be hoping i see me some mulies, it will be a change from the whitetails i see here in new york
Old 10-08-2006, 09:36 AM

congrats DJBAD, on your tag, most out of staters don't have the private land to hunt on. I hope your hunt is successful and you bag a nice buck.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

thanks raceman i will post the results when i get back i figure if it gets down to the wire and the lic. allows i will take me a doe
Old 10-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Colorado hunting lic....

Something new I found out this year is that Colorado is requiring that you buy a Habitat stamp. Check out the CODOW site http://wildlife.state.co.us/ShopDOW/AppsAndLicenses/HabitatStamp/. I was drawn for an Either Sex tag for around Durango and noticed on my permit is mentioned having to have the stamp. Cost me $5 on line and it showed up in 2 days. Just a heads up....
Old 10-09-2006, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

yeah AZ I had to get thae haitat stamp as well and it cost me 5 dollars. i didnt buy the lic on line i called the 1-800 number and she told me it was mandatory to get the stamp. i should have my lice in the mail by the end of the week... I cant wait to go. maybe if i see any elk and I want to spend the money i will go and purchase me an elk tag. they sell bull tags over the counter....Can someone tell me why they have a draw for deer tags and you can buy bull elk over the counter????
Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 AM

the drought we have had for the last few years, has taken a toll on our deer population in the west, so thay have limited the tags.
I can remember when you could put in for a doe tag (draw) and then buy an OTC buck tag, we had mulies running everywhere.
if ourweather stays to the norm, we may see that again in the future.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:04 PM

You can either draw for a buck or doe. If you get a buck tag and want a doe tag, you have to do an over the counter left over tag draw. I got lucky and filled both my tags this year. And you are required TWO habitat stamps. They always figure out a way to rip you off. People have stopped buying $50 annual forest tags so they came up with this babitat stamp BS.